Chapter 62: When I came home... (1)

The Pope, who told Cale that a statue of the Purifier was going to be made, seemed oddly happy.

“Then I will head to the Imperial Palace now. I will contact you as soon as a draft of the statue comes up, oh esteemed Purifier!”

“…….”

“Just so you are aware, the Church is preparing a motion to deliver to the Imperial Palace regarding setting up a monument in all of the areas you have purified.”

“…….”

“Hahaha!”

She truly seemed happy based on how she was laughing.

Cale started to speak after a long pause.

“…How is the current situation in the capital-”

He could not finish his sentence.

Beeeeeeep-

The Pope pulled out a black magic video communication device from her pocket.

“Oh no, it looks like I will need to head back as the Imperial Palace has contacted me. I had to make a small opening to come see you like this.”

The Pope looked disappointed as she spoke to Cale.

“As expected, our esteemed Purifier cares more about the safety and security of the capital over things like statues of himself. You truly are the esteemed Purifier! Hahahaha-!”

Cale started to think.

‘Why does she look so happy?

Is the Pope someone who laughed so much like this?’

Cale weirdly did not feel good right now. Something felt iffy the entire time he was looking at the Pope laugh like this with a relaxed look on her face.

“Oh esteemed Purifier, I shall make my leave first as the others here will be able to explain the details.

Hahaha.”

The Pope disappeared with one final laugh.

“…….”

Cale brushed his face with both hands in the room that was full of silence.

“Pfft.”

He raised his head after hearing someone laugh. Team Leader Sui Khan was caught by Cale while trying to hold back his laughter.

“…I’m curious as to what the hell happened.”

Cale opened his mouth and started to speak in a bleak voice.

Choi Han flinched but unfortunately, everybody else here were not people who even flinched at Cale’s bleak voice.

“Cale, there is something I want to ask you first before talking about what happened here.”

Eruhaben casually sat down.

They were currently in the secret residence of the Church of the Fire of Purification.

They were still staying in this place.

The ancient Dragon observed Cale’s complexion as he spoke.

“Why did it take a day?”

The east, south, and north… The large monsters that appeared outside the edge village precincts…

Cale had spent a whole day fighting against the monsters shaped like a crocodile, bird, and lion before just getting back.

“It didn’t take long to take care of the black tree in the west and the monster in the capital.”

“That’s right. I want to know the reason you said you were fighting against monsters all day when the others were easy to deal with, Cale-nim.”