Consoling

As Kazuya sat there, lost in thought, memories of his precious moments with her began to flood his mind. Their first date, visiting their grandma's at the hospital, ferry trip, beach, movie, etc. He remembered how she was stubborn and tried to hold all her feelings in after her grandmother's death and how she failed and broke down into his hands. He remembered her smile, determination, and care. He dozed off for about an hour as he had not slept the previous day. Kazuya then began to get dressed to meet his grandma. As he was about to leave, Chizuru came back.

"Where are you going?"

"Going home. I will return tonight." Kazuya replied without looking into her eyes.

"Want me to come with you?"

"No, it's fine."

Chizuru was surprised, but she didn't question him any further. She felt that he had been acting differently since yesterday. Nevertheless, she wished him a safe journey.

Upon reaching home, He gave a full explanation to his family. His father smacked him, and everyone except his mother was furious at him. Kazuya then pleaded with his family to not contact Chizuru. Just as he was going to leave, His mother called him. She was sitting in her room and asked him to sit beside her. Throughout this time, she did not speak a single word to him.

"Kazuya, Are you all right.?"

"Yes, mom. I am fine."

"Kazuya, I am your mother. I can see in your eyes that you are lying. What's the matter, son?"

Before she could say anything, Kazuya hugged her and began to cry. Harumi consoled him and asked him to tell everything to her. Harumi listened patiently and then spoke.

"So you are saying she doesn't love you?"

"Yes, Mom."

"So without loving you, she allowed you to interfere in her life, kissed you, and even let you live in her house?"

Kazuya remained silent.

"Listen, son, she loves and cares about you. You also love her very much. So even if you leave her alone for some time to let per pursue her goals, I am sure she will return to you. So don't worry and follow your heart. I am really proud to have you as my son. Putting forth others' happiness before yours is an outstanding quality. I love you, my son."

Kazuya, encouraged by his mother's words, found some peace. He thanked her and left. Harumi began wondering when he cried so much before her. She remembered that it was ten years ago when their dog died. Kazuya threw a tantrum during that time and didn't allow them to bury it.

Harumi smiled to herself.

"He hadn't changed a bit," she exclaimed.