Morning together

After sleeping for another hour, Chizuru woke up. As she was about to get up, she noticed an unfamiliar warmth around her, and she suddenly remembered last day's events. She suddenly blushed as she remembered all the details. Kazuya was hugging Chizuru, and her head was comfortably placed on his chest. Chizuru was tempted to go back to sleep, but as the time was already nine in the morning, she decided to get up. She gently released herself from Kazuya's grip and sat up. She then stared at the sleeping Kazuya. She found him very cute. After some time, she decided to wake him up. She slowly moved towards him and gently kissed him on the forehead, and Kazuya opened his eyes.

"Good morning, Chizuru."

"Good morning, Kazuya."

Kazuya smiled at her. Chizuru was surprised, as Kazuya appeared calm and collected. She imagined him panicking and considering all this to be a dream.

"You are not surprised?"

"No, why?"

"Well, I thought that as soon as you woke up, you would panic upon seeing me and might think that everything was a dream."

Kazuya chuckled.

"Actually, I woke up some time ago and was really surprised to see you next to me, and, like you said, I thought that yesterday's events were just a dream. During that time, I accidentally caused some movement. You woke up but just stared at me. Then you stole a kiss from my lips and went back to sleep. So I was convinced that it's not a dream."

"What?" Chizuru started blushing.

"You were too cute that time. Your blushing face is really something else, Chizuru ", Kazuya teased her.

"Shut up, you dork." Chizuru then stole another kiss from his lips.

"Wait!"

"Look who is blushing now." Chizuru teased the beet-red Kazuya.

"You meanie!"

They both began to laugh. They enjoyed each other's company very much. They got up from their futons and, after getting ready, went to eat breakfast. Nagomi greeted both of them with a smile and asked how their last night was and how many packets they used. Kazuya had to blackmail her, saying that he would change the internet password to make her stop. After eating breakfast and cleaning the dishes, Chizuru approached Kazuya.

"Kazuya, would you mind if I cleaned your ears?"

Kazuya blushed, but he agreed. Chizuru got the tool from Harumi, and she sat in the living room and asked Kazuya to lay his head on her lap. He was nervous, and he slowly rested his head on her soft lap. Chizuru began cleaning his ears. After she finished, Kazuya tried to get up, but Chizuru stopped him. She said that she was too comfortable to let him get up now. She gently stroked his hair, and Kazuya enjoyed her lap's warmth.

"Chizuru, will you accompany me to visit the doctor today?"

"Sure." She smiled.

They were in the waiting room, and Chizuru was nervous. She held his hands tightly. After some time, it was their turn, and they went inside.

"Kinoshita-kun, after reviewing your result, I would advise you to undergo the surgery as soon as possible, as your tumor may grow again and get closer to your aorta."

Kazuya looked at Chizuru. He could see that she was extremely worried.

"Doctor, will he be fine?" asked a concerned Chizuru.

"I can't say for sure. But it will be very dangerous if the tumor is not removed soon. Can I ask who you are?"

"I am Chizuru Ichinose, and I am Kazuya's girlfriend." Chizuru introduced herself.

" Kinoshita-kun, Can you please wait outside? I want to speak to Ichinose-san alone."

Kazuya went outside, wondering what he wanted to tell her.

"Ichinose-san, you are fully aware of his situation, aren't you?"

Chizuru nodded.

"Then why are you still together?"

"Because I love him. I love him so much, and I can't just leave him during his hard times.

The doctor was surprised.

"I am sorry for asking such a question. In most cases, the patient will be dumped in such a situation. So I was just curious about you two."

"It's OK, doctor. Can you please tell me how I should take care of him?"

The doctor further explained to her the different exercises and things to do to take care of Kazuya. The doctor called him in and asked him if he could schedule the operation for the 23rd. Kazuya looked at Chizuru, and she nodded her head. As they were walking together, hand in hand, Chizuru suddenly remembered something.

"You should settle things with Ruka soon. I can't allow my boyfriend to cheat on me."

" Oh! I forgot to tell you. Ruka and I have already broken up."

Thanks for reading and please give me your reviews and opinions.