Reassurance

Chizuru went to meet the director. As she entered the cabin, she saw the director sitting in a rolling chair, reading the script.

He saw Chizuru and asked her to sit. His eyes were still on the script. Chizuru was uneasy.

She wondered if the director felt her acting was not up to par. He turned towards her.

"So, How has it been? Are you comfortable with portraying the character?"

"Yes, I am fine, and I am trying my best."

The director took his I-pad and showed Chizuru the previous shot." Well, it is not like something is wrong with this. In this scene, Misaki tries to act happy and content with her marriage, but in reality, she is not. You  did a good job here. But as a professional, I could clearly see that the actress Ichinose is hiding her true emotion. The character is supposed to hide one emotion, but you were trying to hide your sadness as well as the character's sadness. Earlier, I talked with your makeup artist, and she informed me that your eyes were red and swollen before the shot. I didn't ask for a retake because it was not so significant, and a professional would only notice the problem. But the upcoming shots can't be taken this way. More than that, I am worried about you. Did something happen?"

Chizuru, at first, thought of not saying anything. But she felt it was Ok to tell him. She found a fatherly affection towards him , something that was very new to her. She told him all about Kazuya and how she felt when Umi showed her that picture.

Yasuke listened patiently, and after she finished, he gently tapped her head with the script.

'Are you an idiot? You mentioned that this person stayed with you for over two years, jumped off a ferry, made a movie for you, and consistently turned down someone who loves him and is waiting for you to love him back. He said he is going abroad, and why he left the job might be personal. Why did you come to such a conclusion?'

"But the photo? Umi-kun showed me a photo of him with another girl. What about it?"

"Come on, Ichinose-san, grow up. Anyone can manipulate photos now. That's not enough reason for you to claim that he left you. He trusted you. Now it is your time to trust him and let him finish whatever he is up to."

Chizuru felt cleansed after talking to Yasuke. With new bone determination, she left the cabin.

She didn't notice Umi standing there. He had heard their whole conversation.

"That director will not allow me to get close to Chizuru both onstage and offstage."