Chapter 7: Blooming Affections

A week had already passed since Sana and Jungkook landed in Kyoto, a city packed with culture and history. They'd wandered through Kyoto's highlights: ancient temples that seemed to whisper stories of the past, the calming bamboo forest of Arashiyama, and the awe-inspiring golden temple, Kinkaku-ji. Kyoto had a charm that kept surprising them, no matter how many days they spent there.

Mornings usually involved exploring the city's mesmerising spots, while afternoons were more relaxed. They'd chill at a local cafe or lounge around in a peaceful park. Evenings meant a soothing onsen bath followed by heartfelt conversations under the vast night sky. The discussions ranged from music to dreams, often filled with lots of laughs.

On this particular morning, they found themselves enjoying a simple homemade breakfast in the kitchen, sipping on matcha tea. The day seemed promising, not too hot, perfect for some outdoor fun. That's when Jungkook brought up the Gion festival.

"Hey, did you know there's a parade and fireworks for the Gion festival today?" he mentioned casually.

"Oh yeah, it's one of the biggest festivals in Japan. Do you want to go?" Sana responded.

"We've been chilling for the past few days, let's go for it," Jungkook encouraged, excited at the prospect of a fun-filled evening.

"I do miss Japan's summer festivals," Sana admitted, her eyes reflecting a touch of nostalgia.

And just like that, Jungkook saw his opportunity. "Great! Then let's drop by a kimono shop."

Sana blinked in surprise. "What? Why?"

"Don't you guys wear yukata for summer festivals?" Jungkook asked, keeping a straight face.

"Well, yes, but..." she paused, looking at him suspiciously.

"You said you miss your culture. So why not make the most out of it." Jungkook suggested with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Why do I feel like you're tricking me?" she questioned, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Me? Trick you? What do I get out of it?" Jungkook feigned surprise at Sana's suspicion, a small, knowing smile hidden beneath his nonchalant façade. The thought of Sana swapping her streetwear, high-fashion looks for the traditional elegance of a yukata or kimono filled him with a giddy sense of anticipation.

He'd always loved her fashion sense—bold, edgy, undeniably chic. But he was also curious to see her in something traditional, to see that stylish, rebellious spirit of hers encapsulated in a classic Japanese yukata. He couldn't help but get a bit excited about the idea, the mental image of Sana, delicate and beautiful in traditional Japanese dress, playing on a loop in his mind. And boy, was he looking forward to seeing that picture come to life.

════ ════ ════

The kimono shop they picked was a charming, intimate space, nestled in a narrow side alley. The array of yukatas, vibrant and variegated, covering the walls greeted them. Among the riot of colours and patterns, Sana's eyes were drawn to a specific piece; a beautiful white yukata embellished with intricate floral designs that managed to be both simple and stunning at the same time.

"Oh, this one's beautiful," she murmured, her fingers gently brushing over the silky fabric, appreciating its detailing.

Jungkook's gaze lingered on Sana. "You should try it on," he suggested, his voice filled with anticipation.

"Alright," Sana agreed, the corners of her lips curving upwards in a smile.

While Sana moved to the dressing area with her chosen yukata, Jungkook turned his attention to finding a suitable yukata for himself. He was immediately drawn to a sophisticated dark blue piece, its understated pattern speaking to his sense of style. Taking the yukata, he went to the changing area. Jungkook quickly changed, the dark blue yukata looked just as good as he had imagined, accentuating his features and giving him a refined look.