Prologue

Staring into the distant horizon, I stretched my weary arms. The vista was tinted orangey-gold. Clouds drifted around fumbling into one another. Soon enough, the moon will grace us with it's presence.

Before my eyes was a truly beautiful spectacle.

"Heyy~ ! Kiyotaka, listen to me!" Kei growled.

Karuizawa Kei. My cute, doting girlfriend stared at me. Kei is a small and fragile girl. With long, flowing blonde hair that cascades down her back in soft waves, and gentle bangs that rest upon her forehead - she continued.

"Hellooo~ Earth to Kiyotaka.." Her voice softly echoed.

The azure dress cloaked her frame perfectly, whilst offering room to present her smooth legs. It stood out from the scenery. The reminiscent white of the boat's design acted as a background for her to shine upon.

"What's the matter, Kei?" I questioned.

"Do you... Do you think my group will be okay for the 'Uninhabited Island Special Exam'?"
Kei croaked.

Swiftly placing my hands on her shoulders, I pulled her tight and into my clutch. Her face grew flustered as our eyes locked into place. A pleasant scent emerged and violated my senses.

"You'll be fine, Kei. Afterall, Kei isn't the type of girl who justs give up and quit." I encouraged.

"Y-Yeah. You're right, Kiyotaka. Like usual... But. Thank you, Kiyotaka. Thank you for everything..." Kei mumbled.

I didn't respond. Rather, we solidified our embrace, holding so tight you would think we were being pulled apart. I'm unsure whether the feelings that are brewing inside are classed as 'love'.

Even so, the warmth that radiates from Kei every time we collide is a colossal difference to the cold, rigid, emptiness that usually plagues my existence. I wonder. Is this warmth, what they call love?

"If possible.. I wish this scene would last until the end of time." Kei blurted out.

"Me too, Kei. Me too." I answered.

I understand many theories. I understand many equations. I understand all sorts of knowledge. Yet, love is so foreign to me.
I truly can not grasp the concept...

But that won't stop me from trying. If I keep pounding on the door, eventually it will be forced ajar. Then at that point, I will experience and understand what love is...

Whether it's with Kei or someone else entirely.

Drip... Drip...

I glance towards the heavens to investigate the source of the interrupting noise. The noise was accompanied by a chilly sensation, as raindrops began to bombard our figures.

"I think we should go inside, Kei." I spoke.

"No, no. Just a bit longer!" Kei protested.

The previous picturesque painting of the atmosphere vanished. The sky darkened. The benign wind had no traces left behind as it began exerting massive amounts of pressure - blowing Kei's hair into a frenzy.

Caught in between the battle of the elements, we were in the crossfire. Though under heavy siege, we remained. It was exhilarating. Cold and damp contrasted with warm and fuzzy; a very peculiar feeling. Expectedly, after a short period basking in the unforeseen shower, we were both absolutely soaked to the bone.

"Let's go inside, Kei." I stated.

"Hmphh~ Stupid storm!" Kei shouted bitterly.

Thinking back, I agree with Kei's statement. That stupid storm has gotten us into one weird situation. A simulation straight out of a video game some would argue.