Chapter 3 - Salubrious

A warm and gentle sensation eroded my entire being. A bliss aroma stunned my nose into submission. A mysterious weight kept me pinned down against the handcrafted bedding.

As I laid facing up at the ceiling, I knew what situation I was in.

Should I wake her up?

She was a statue. A warm and fuzzy statue, that clung desperately onto my body. Just from observing her clear face it was obvious she was still in dreamland.

Whatever event occurred for this situation to develop is unbeknownst to me. Although, as a man, I shouldn't complain.

Ichinose Honami rested unconsciously with her head buried in my chest. Somehow, during the night she slipped under my woven blanket and wedged herself atop.

She is dressed lightly. Lightly to the point of being just in her underwear..

The outside temperature is scorching. Whilst in here, it is not too bad. I suppose her plan was to stay warm via body heat. I can definitely feel her monstrous assets pressing firmly. 

What is the best move in this situation?

Should I wake her up?

"Mmmn.." She mumbled.

This is bad.

What do I do?

No wait. This is definitely her fault...

No... Kei would still say it's my fault.

Should I feign asleep?

Or maybe I shoul-

"K-Kiyotaka.. Good morning." Honami spoke.

Colour me suprised. I assumed she would be absolutely flustered.

"Morning." I responded.

"Aha.. Let me get off you." She continued.

You don't have too...

"There's sunlight. We need to make the most of it." I chimed.

"Yeh! Uhm.. Could you close your eyes quickly?" Honami asked.

She is embarrassed afterall. That's not surprising though. Her voluptuous body is barely covered by clothes and instead drenched in glistening sweat. Against my better judgement, I firmly accepted her demand and eyeballed the darkness my eyelids presented.

We only have our basic school uniform to clothe ourselves. We should probably do something about that today. It's way too hot to be in those crimson blazers.

Personally, I think i'll wear my shorts but no top. I'm aware that heat stroke is a serious problem when stranded in hot locations. In addition, I run the mishap of being severely sunburnt if i'm not cautious. Some sort of hat will need to be sourced.

"Okay~ I'm done changing." Her voice echoed.

Before my eyes was the usual Ichinose Honami. Radiant strawberry blonde hair, slightly blushed skin and a gleeful smile pinned on her idol-like face.

"What's the plan for today, Kiyotaka?" Honami asked.

"Hmm. Some suitable clothing would be nice. Then maybe a source of protein would be beneficial too." I replied.

"I see.. How about the beach area?" She quizzed.

It's a good suggestion. The ocean will contain plentiful fish (hopefully edible species) and the surrounding forest can be used for shade. The journey there could also be an attempt to locate other survivors. Though personally, I'm not sure if groups should breach more than 4-5 members. As long as there's chemistry and competence, I'm certain we will survive.