9

it was as if time stood still as their lips met.

the nearby chatter and the heat of the summer was replaced by the sound of their heartbeats fluttering in sync, and the warmth of their embrace. they both closed their eyes, savoring the moment.

their lips parted, the kiss only lasting a short few seconds, but to both it felt like a year. the two opened their eyes. both of them were blushing.

danielle finally spoke after the kiss.

"sorry..." she said, worried that she came on too fast. "it's just that i've been waiting for so long to do that..."

haerin, looking down, smiled, and replied,

"no... it's okay... i was too."

their eyes met again, and they leaned back in for another kiss, this time just a peck, but still carrying the same amount of love and passion in the first.

after the second kiss, all they could do was smile at each other as they walked back to the queue for the tram.

--

there they realized that the tram was gone, and seemingly growing smaller as it was traversing down the street.

the stop wasn't completely empty, though, as a certain rodrigo was standing there, looking down at his phone.

haerin spoke to him, "hey, rodrigo... where's the tram?"

"oh- i uh.." he shut his phone off and put it in his pocket before he looked up at haerin and locked eyes with a girl that he didn't recognize. "who's this..?"
he pointed at danielle.

haerin smiled, and said, "well... this is danielle, my girlfriend of... about 5 minutes. you're the first person to know... isn't that nice?"

with a flushed face, rodrigo stammered out, "o- oh.. yeah! good on you guys!" he forced a smile. "uh- well... i gotta go... my mom's calling for me to come home. i'll... see you guys around? i guess?"
rodrigo quickly turned around and started walking away from them.

danielle finally spoke to haerin. "so... who was that rodrigo guy? and why was he so- oh, i don't know... flustered seeing us?"

haerin looked at danielle before smiling from ear to ear. "well... i was gonna use him to be my tour guide... but he wanted to, date me, i guess? so i just let him buy me a coffee and a tram pass..."

danielle chuckled after hearing haerin's story. "daaaaamn girlie... we havin' a hot girl summer this time!!"

haerin also laughed. "and i'll do it again!!"

hyein, who was still sulking after sending that text and reading the reply, decided to just take a shot in the dark and texted haerin.