13

june 5

danielle woke to the sounds of the hotel room's shower running, the tv playing a random portuguese cartoon, and a quiet conversation that her mom and dad shared. she stretched her arms to the sky and let out a big yawn.

"good morning world!!" she said. "where's haerin?"

"she's taking a shower. i gave her your bulls jersey and a pair of black jeans just to wear for today. she should be done soon, so you can take a shower after her."

"my new jeans?"

"yes, your new jeans. is that okay?"

"that's fine. only me and her can wear my pair of new jeans."

the water promptly shut off and the shower curtains made an opening sound. after a few minutes, the bathroom door opened and out stepped haerin, wearing danielle's white custom-made jersey that she got 2 years ago on while on vacation in chicago. haerin twirled.

"well, how do i look?"

on the back, she donned danielle's shortened first name, "dani-l." the number was 07, signifying july, the month of her vacation in chicago. she wanted something different that wasn't her birth month, 04, or her birth day, 11. so danielle decided on 07 to remember her trip.

danielle's mom was first to reply, "you look pretty, sweetie. it fits well!"

"thank you, mrs. marsh! dani.. how do i look?"

"you look really hot~"

haerin instantly turned redder than the lettering on the jersey. "i- oh my- wow.."

all that she could do was lay back down in bed and hug danielle. even the smallest of compliments made haerin blush up a storm. "oh you- holy-"

the sight of their daughter cuddling her girlfriend right next to them gave danielle's parents the cue to leave. 

"okay! we're gonna go out for breakfast and leave you two lovebirds be. have fun!" danielle's mom says, pushing her husband out the door.

a faint "use protection!" could be heard from her dad before the door shut. danielle apologized.

"sorry about him, really.. i think he's still getting used to the fact that i'm dating a girl.. last year i brought a boy home and he said the same thing when i went upstairs with him. he's a little... slow... i guess? i don't know but yeah. sorry about that."

"no no, it's okay, haha. i really don't mind." haerin giggled. "just... can we cuddle for now?"

the two laid back down and cuddled for a little while longer, and eventually they drifted back into sleep, needing just a little more rest, a little exhausted from vacation.

--

danielle woke up and looked around. her gaze first fell on haerin, who was sitting at the room's desk, watching an episode of time to twice. she had both airpods in and was enjoying the video. danielle then looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand. it read 6:54 pm.

she was a little surprised she had slept for that long but she also saw the opportunity to take haerin out for dinner.

"hey, love.."

haerin paused her video and took out both airpods.

"yes, dani?" she turned and smiled.

god, haerin's smile is so pretty, is all that danielle could think about. eventually, after a few seconds, danielle finally stuttered out, "w-would you like to go to dinner with me? i don't have any plans of where to go but i'm sure that we'll find a spot.."