11

(a/n - from now on i am removing the year because i feel like it didn't fit)

june 4

the two stepped out of the bakery, satisfied from the food and drink they had bought. immediately, danielle got back to what she called the "utmost important task at hand," and started to walk back to her hotel. haerin held her hand but trailed just a few steps so she could admire danielle and also watch her navigate the streets of lisbon like a golden retriever.

5 minutes into walking, haerin stopped and pulled danielle aside in order to express her gratitude.

"hey, dani... thank you for paying for the meal. i really, really appreciate it. and, because you paid for the meal..."

haerin gave danielle a quick peck on the lips and then she walked forward.

"come, let's keep walking!"

danielle, despite the fact that she had kissed haerin before, stood there, starstruck.

"coming!"

danielle lightly jogged to match strides with haerin and hold her hand. she fished her (haerin's) phone out of her pocket and re-opened google maps.

"well, it looks like we are not that far from the hotel now. are you ready to meet my parents?" danielle asked, looking at her girlfriend and admiring her beauty.

haerin, who became aware that danielle and her shared the same hotel after recognizing the turns that she took hours ago, but in reverse, took a deep breath and said,

"i'm ready as i'll ever be!"

--

haerin watched as danielle tapped her keycard on the hotel door's card reader. the door opened and danielle walked in first, holding haerin's hand. haerin saw danielle's parents sitting on one of two beds and gulped.

"mom, dad, i'm home! well- not really home but you know what i mean! and i brought my girlfriend too! because she forgot where her hotel was!"

haerin frowned and playfully hit danielle's arm.

"well that's not nice, love!"

haerin squealed internally at her new nickname.

danielle's mom was first to greet her back.

"welcome back-"

it took both danielle's mom and dad a second to process what their daughter had said.

"girlfriend!?!?" they both said at the same time.

danielle, a little perplexed at her parent's response, said

"yeah.. my girlfriend. why are you guys so.. confused?"

danielle's parents looked at each other, eyebrows furrowed.

"oh. i forgot to come out to you guys.. ok well i'm lesbian and i literally just started dating the love of my life, the apple of my eye, my sweetheart, my one and only, my dear, my tootsie, my treasure, my darling, my pookie bear honey boo boo kang haerin."

haerin turned red at the shower of affection she just received. she stepped forward and smiled.

"hi... i'm danielle's girlfriend, haerin. it's nice to meet you."

danielle's parents returned the smile. "nice to meet you too. please, make yourself comfortable." danielle's mom pointed at the empty bed, which had 5 pillows and 2 blankets messily arranged on it.

"thank you." haerin walked and sat on the edge of the bed.

the attention of danielle's parents turned to their daughter. "a word outside please, dani." her dad said.

--

danielle gave a little wave to haerin before she walked out the door, making sure to fully close it behind her.

danielle's parents looked at each other, nodded, then looked back at danielle. "listen..." danielle's dad said, "we're happy that you came out and we support you.. but,"

danielle's mom chimed in. "it's just that we're on vacation...what're you going to do when we have to leave? you know that keeping long distance relationships are hard, right?"

"well i mean- you guys did it.. but that's kinda besides the point because.. well, it's a bit hard to explain.. can i get haerin to help?"

danielle's parents nodded and opened the door.

"haerin!! come now love, please i need your help."

haerin put her phone in her pocket and met with danielle and her parents. "hi.." she meekly said and waved.

"we go to the same school. in fact, haerin was the girl i cheated off of on that test in april.."

haerin smiled.

danielle's mom recognized haerin's name. "oh, that's right. i remember that." her gaze turned to haerin. "i almost called your mom about that.. but i didn't."

haerin internally let out a sigh of relief.
oh thank FUCK
mom would've fucking killed me for that..

"well, i guess that sorts that.." danielle's dad said. "so haerin.. tell us more about yourself."

danielle hugged haerin from the side and looked up at her.

"okay.. well i'm kang haerin and i'm in love with danielle.. and i plan to follow my mom and go into nursing after school."

"and why should you be dating danielle?"

"well i'll always put danielle at the top of my priorities. i'll be sure to care for her, take her on the best dates.. i'll even help her study."

that last part really sold danielle's parents into letting haerin date their daughter. "okay! that's good. we'll let you date danielle."

haerin sighed in relief, and danielle let go of her hug to go hug her parents. "thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou sosososososo much!!!!!! you guys don't know how much i love her.."

haerin followed as the 3 laughed and went back into the hotel room.