𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 29: 𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝒜𝓃ℊℯ𝓁

Jiwoo, Aiza, and Kartein were stuck in the living room, playing and feeding the cats. Meanwhile, Kayden is in the basement, focusing and gathering his power for the fight.

"Will Kayden be okay?", Jiwoo asked worriedly.

"There'd be nothing to worry about if Kayden was in good shape but now, it really is a bad time for this.", Kartein said seriously.

"The best he could do at this point is to focus and gather all his power and that's why he's stuck in the basement this whole time.", Kartein explained.

When the nighttime came, Kayden went outside to fight Vatore. Even though Kartein doesn't admit he was worried about Kayden, deep down he felt anxious about what's going to happen to him after fighting Vatore.

"Hey, you two!", Kartein called Aiza and Jiwoo after transforming into a human.

"What?", Aiza asked with her brow raised.

"I'm going to follow Kayden. You guys will stay here.", he said.

"Wait! I'll follow too.", Aiza said.

"No. You stay here.", Kartein commanded.

"And why would I? Who are you to keep on ordering me like that?", she said with her paws on her hips.

Kartein sighed. He doesn't want Aiza to go with him since he's also worried her condition might get worse if she gets involved with the fight so he thinks of an excuse to make Aiza stay. When he looked at Jiwoo, he suddenly had a better idea.

"Then who's going to guard Jiwoo if you're not here? What if other awakeners will suddenly attack Jiwoo? Can you even handle it when his core breaks again?", Kartein said with his arms crossed.

"I-It's okay, Mr. Kartein. I can fight.", Jiwoo said, trying to stop Kartein from being worried about him.

"And what if the one that will sneak an attack on you is one of the top 50 world awakeners like Vatore? Another awakener that wants to kill Kayden. Can you even handle it, huh?", Kartein said.

Jiwoo couldn't respond. He doesn't know what to say to Kartein since he knows that he's still growing and can't easily beat a world awakener. So he just zipped his mouth and looked at him awkwardly.

"Fine! I'll stay.", Aiza gave in and sat on the couch, frowning while crossing her arms.

Despite being annoyed, Aiza knows Kartein is right at some point. She made a promise to Dr. Kang that she will protect Jiwoo and she had to keep that promise.

'I won!', Kartein smiled evilly and went out to follow Kayden.

When they came back, Aiza was surprised to see Kayden unscathed.

"Huh? Did you fight Vatore?", Aiza asked while looking at Kayden confused.

"Yeah. I defeated him. It's way too easy.", Kayden bragged, feeling so proud of himself.

"Whoa! Kayden, you're the best...", Jiwoo complimented him.

"Nah... He only whip him a few times after Jiyoung Yoo beat him first.", Kartein said, feeling unamazed by him.

"Then what? Was I supposed to show mercy to that bastard when he came to kill me knowing I was injured?", Kayden said, feeling annoyed of Kartein.

Kartein continued to talk about Kayden and made fun of him. Kayden felt more annoyed while Jiwoo patiently listened to Kartein despite feeling awkward.

On the other hand, Aiza was in deep thought, not listening to what Kartein said. She's wondering if she could also beat Vatore with her current strength.