𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 49: 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇ℊℴ𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓃 𝓂ℯ𝓂ℴ𝓇𝓎 𝙸𝙸𝙸

Amyeong's POV:

Since then, I have been staying at Aiza's place. It was located in the middle of the forest, which was not too far from the orphanage I lived.

Her house is a tree. It is similar to the trees in the forest but it is larger and wider. It may be because she used her power to resize it. Also, the tree was kept untouched by others since she put up spatial isolation to defend it.

Though she couldn't stay longer at her place since she had to go to the academy, she'd still find time to frequently come to check on me and monitor the improvements in my power.

"You're doing good.", she complimented me as she wiped the sweat on her face with her hand.

I kneeled on the floor and panted. We just had a spar and I obtained some scratches on my body since I failed to dodge her attacks. Surely, she was just going easy on me. She only used a wooden sword to fight me. However, her way of wielding the sword was so fast that once it touched me, it would leave a scratch on my body.

"But still, I got wounds after sparring with you. Not to mention, you were not giving your full power when fighting me.", I complained and frowned, feeling disappointed in myself. She then walked towards me and ruffled my hair.

"Dummy, You don't start perfect. You always go through pain and hardships before you get stronger. So don't be in a rush.", she said and smiled at me.

"Besides, with the scratches you had, you can test the healing ability that I gave you. Now. Try healing yourself."

I nodded and agreed with what she said. I took a deep breath before closing my eyes and recalled the movement of the power she taught me. As I was feeling the power move within me, the stings I felt in my body started to fade and when I opened my eyes, the scratches I had were gone.

"Good job!", she said as she clapped her hands with a proud look on her face.

"Thank you, master.", I said, which made her pause and blink.

"What did you just call me?", she asked with her head slightly tilted.

"Master... From now on, I'll call you master.", I said with a smile. She then avoided my eyes and when I noticed her cheeks flushed, I chuckled and tried to tease her.

"Master. Master. Master."

"Rui...stop calling me that.", she stomped her foot and avoided my eyes again while her cheeks became redder. I smiled sheepishly before I ran towards her and gave her a tight hug.

"You're my one and only master."

"You mean that?", she asked and I nodded in reply.

"Yup! I swear I'm not going to ask someone else to be my mentor.", I said joyfully. She then slowly pushed me back and made me look at her.

"You better keep that promise. Okay?", she said and raised her pinky finger. I hummed before I also raised my pinky fingers to entwine hers.

"Yes! Because in my eyes, you're the strongest."

"And you'll always be the strongest."

Those were the kinds of days we had.

Happy and Peaceful.

I thought we could live like that for a long time. However, months have passed and the peaceful days we had slowly faded.

Things started to change when she brought another person to her place. It was the one who she considered as her friend. And that person is no other than...

Layla.

She was badly injured at that time. My master explained that the students from the World Awakened Academy bullied her. At that time, I began to understand why Master didn't want to bring me to the academy yet. It's because she doesn't want me to get hurt especially when she's not with me.