The Search (2)

A/N: Just in case anyone was confused, the entire kingdom where the story takes place is Eternus, and the capital is Eternalia, which is where she stole gold and escaped from, and also where the royals live. Moonlark's 'home' is just on the outskirts of the capital and she calls it Havenfield.

~ This chapter is kinda short because the last one was so long ~

Fitzroy's POV:

Prince Fitzroy stalked into the war room and addressed all the generals gathered there.

"Where is she?" he barked. Everyone in the room glanced uneasily at each other, as if deciding who should give the bad news to him. Finally, a thin, bony man spoke up.

"Your majesty, we searched everywhere in the Eternalia Every house, street, store. Everywhere, and we didn't find her. We have reason to believe she left the city," He explained.

Fitzroy shook his head.

"You checked everywhere? Even in the outskirts of the city?" When everyone in the room hesitated, he sighed frustratedly, muttering about idiotic and incompetent guards.

"Well, tell the guards to search every household there. Don't leave anyone's place out," the prince ordered. Then he turned around and barged out of the room.

Alvar, his nosy older brother, was waiting outside his chambers. When he saw Fitzroy, he gave a grin and walked over.

"How's the show going, dear brother?" he asked. Fitzroy rolled his eyes.

"It's going just fine. I almost caught the brat," he replied.

"You know, if you don't catch the thief, Father won't be pleased. He might even cancel the plans for your birthday," he told him. Fitzroy tried not to look bothered by that. His father was not a forgiving man when it came to the matters of the people.

"Well, that won't be a problem. I've sent out guards to capture her now," he retorted. He hoped that his brother was only trying to get on his nerves, and that his father wouldn't actually cancel his birthday party. He needed to meet someone, and the celebration was the perfect distraction.

"Let's hope it won't become one," Alvar replied and walked away. Sighing, Fitzroy went straight to his room, praying that his guards would capture the Moonlark.

Alden's POV:

"The plague is back. And it's spreading fast. Just we intended, My King," Alina said. She was one of the main people who made this brilliant plan to make my family richer. After the plague rids us of filth and dies out, we will be even richer than we already are, and I'll be able to hire an entire army. Let the poor rot! What do we need them for?

I smile. "Good. Looks like so far, we are on track," I say, distracted because I see Fitzroy's head peek in through the door.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Father, but we found the Moonlark. She's hiding in the slums of the city, feeding the poor, as per usual," Fitzroy said cautiously. He looked pleased with the work of my guards. This boy has much to learn about leadership if he one day wants to help Alvar rule. Delegation, for example.

"Thank you, my boy. Now run along, we have important business to tend to," I add with a smirk to all of the board members.

Fitzroy scowled. "Of course, Father," then he left the room.

I turn to my board members. "Now, what about the cure?"