Chapter 32: A Conversation To Be Forgotten

"This stuff is amazing~ Well done human! ~" Gloxinia drunkenly shouts.

"You're a fairy, it makes sense for you to like it."

"Hic!" Gloxinia hiccups. "Here! Drolely! Try it!"

"Droley?" Drole questions.

"C'mon! You gots to try it! I think it tasted just like that Ale Lil used to make! Ah~ It's so great! Do you remember those days Droley~" Gloxinia floats up to Drole with a big smile across his face, holding up the bottle of Aberdeen Ale he's been drinking.

"Lil? Is that the girls you were talking about the other days?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh yeah right, you should've seen her!" Gloxinia lands next to me, before grabbing my wrist and lifting my arms up. "She had these big, beautiful wings~ Bigger than mine, y'know? They were so soft." He gets behind me, wrapping my arms around myself. "Her hair was a beautiful pastille blue, like the sky on an ever so slightly cloudy day." He buries his face into my neck. "Her hair was very curly, unlike her brother who had straight hair." I feel him kiss my neck a few times.

"Gloxinia." Drole says.

"She smelled so sweet, like strawberry candy~" Gloxinia describes. "She made the best ale~ It tasted just as beautiful as she was. After any mission we'd all drink some, getting drunk off our asses!" He laughs.

"So, how exactly do I remind you of her?" I ask.

"Huh?" He leans back and turns me around, looking at me up and down. "Your 'bout the same size, I think? And your voice is the same, even your eyes are the same color." He leans forward and kisses my nose.

"Gloxinia...?" I mutter. He presses his forward against mine.

"Your face is the same, cute as ever~" Gloxinia quietly says before tilting his head slightly to the side.

"Gloxinia that's about enough." Drole says as he grabs Gloxinia right before he manages to kiss me.

"Huh? What's the matter?" Gloxinia drunkenly asks. "Y'know, you shouldn't interrupt that! I wouldn't stop you from kissing your lover~"

"You're drunk and being stupid. You need to calm down and sober up. And besides she isn't your lover." Drole says.

"I'm just fine~ And yes she is, she's mine." Gloxinia says as he looks back towards me.

"You can't even fly straight."

"Yes, I could!" Gloxinia argues making Drole sigh. "Now let me go! I want my kiss that you stole from me!" 

"I did no such thing."

(About an hour later)

"He's finally asleep." Drole says as he gently lays Gloxinia down.

"Lil was his girlfriend?" I ask.

"Yes." Drole says. "But years ago, she died, by the hands of a human that he trusted. These humans also killed his sister."

"That's why he's a part of the Commandments, right?" I ask, Drole nods. "Do I really look like her?"

"I don't personally see it. And besides, she actually got along with Galand, they were 'friends' you could say." Drole explains. "They died 3,000 years ago, but he loved those two, more than anything. Lossing them permanently changed him. He blames everyone for their deaths. The Archangels were there, Goddesses, Fairies, Giants, and yet none of them were able to beat those three or four humans that killed the two most precocious things in his life. He hates all of them."