Chapter 5|: Mischief unmanaged

"I really am sorry about James.." Sapphire still apologising profusely to Remus. It was going to be the first day back to Hogwarts for their fifth year. Remus and Sapphire sat together in a compartment waiting for prefects to be called up.

"No, he had his reasons. It's okay, we both know how protective James can be." They smiled at each other- unbeknownst to either that they felt swarms of butterflies in their stomachs. Very suddenly, a puffed out Lily burst into the compartment. Trying to catch her breath, she finally made out a few words.

"We- gotta go.. prefect stuff." The pair stared at her, wondering how late they were. "OH SHIT, WE'RE TEN MINUTES LATE!" Sapphire yelped right after checking the watch on her wrist.

The three Gryffindors finally made to the compartment where all the prefects sat. "Sorry we're late, this is a very bad first impression," Remus chuckled, attempting to lighten the serious mood. The other prefects merely turned their heads, unbothered by the late arrivals. They then continued the meeting- with the other three.

———
The train had come to a complete stop. Students all began to unload their luggage and took in the fact that it was the beginning of a new year. The one person most unwilling to exit the train was unsurprisingly James Potter. Begging and pleading with his friends to just leave him and go, "please I cannot last another year- I'll see you all during the holidays, just let me stayyy!" The boy was sat on his knees, hands clasped together in an almost ritualistic prayer. Nevertheless, Sirius grabbed his leg- struggling, but dragging James out as Peter held his suitcase. As soon as the boys had exited the train, they were met with Lily, Sapphire and Remus. At only the first sight of the ginger haired beauty did James finally accept that he could not escape school; it was truely the fact that Lily had him forgetting his dismays.

"Lily my sweet, yet again, another year has come for us to explore our romantic feeling for each other." He batted his eyes at her, signalling his obvious interest and swarming around the girl- who, by the way, was so fed up with his antics of trying to win her over.

"Oh dearest brother, would you kindly refrain from harassing my friend and instead focus on the fact that your shirt is inside out." The brunette girl berated her lovesick brother. James nearly brushed off the comment, taking it as a joke, however as he stared at his friend's poker faces, he couldn't help but look down at his poorly put on uniform.

"Huh.. th-that's odd isn't it..", sweat began to form on his face, holding an expression of severe embarrassment as Sirius slapped him on the back with a chuckle.

After the sorting ceremony had finished, Remus and Lily were tasked with taking the first years to the Gryffindor common room. And with the two more responsible prefects gone, Sirius, James, and Sapphire were already discussing their first mischievous plans of the year. "Are you crazy!? We'll get into so much trouble if we do that!" Peter reacted to their idea.

"What's the problem, it's a harmless prank. It might even scare the first year's nerves away?" Sapphire attempted to convince Peter to just accept that it was happening. Sirius and James agreed full heartedly.

"you're a prefect are you not? You're supposed to be responsible, I will tell Lily." Peter threatened the three friends.

"Oh? Oh ho ho! Now why would you do that Wormy?" Sirius neared into the timid boy, their faces an inch away from each other. A slight squeak came out the boys mouth as he melted in fear.

"Never mind, let's do it." He suddenly coughed up. And as he did, the three quickly glanced at each other which menacing smirks plastered on their faces.