006. cabin fever.

━ CHAPTER SIX, cabin fever

CHAPTER SIX,
cabin fever.

THE FIRST DAY OF ISOLATION. The sickness was spreading and many people around the prison have caught it.

The Hastings family were feeling bittersweet about the whole thing from the way none of the family caught it but some of their dear friends have.

Salem Peletier was one of the first to get it. As the blonde and Drew were talking in her cell, the girl coughed. But after a while, she didn't stop. Drew laid his hand on her back as she ended up coughing up blood. The boy helped her stand up and they rushed to the doctor; only to give them bad news.

Cassandra noticed the change in her twin brother's demeanor already.

Sasha got it almost suddenly and that's when everyone knew it was really starting. Starting to spread onto anyone.

Then, as soon as they realized, Glenn had caught the flu. This caused Cassandra to worry more.

Cassandra wanted ( and tried ) to visit Glenn and Salem multiple times as they were in the quarantine cell block to see how they was doing. All she had got was these three words each time.

'They'll be okay', which didn't feel as convincing to Cassandra at all.

So, during this whole thing, Cassandra tried to distract herself. That being with anything she could think of.

Cassandra tried to read a book that Beth let her borrow, saying she got it from a friend, but Cass started dozing after the first chapter. She then tried to garden with her mom, which is where she was currently.

Her mom was on her knees in the dirt, marking some on her jeans. She had a small shovel in hand as she garnered.

Delilah always had a garden, at least since before. Cassandra couldn't count the many times she came home from school and saw her mom in the garden. So, when the family had a place where her and her family felt safe enough, Delilah made sure she could do something she loved which was have a garden. Luckily, Rick obliged.

Cassandra strutted over, "Hey." She said, kneeling down to her mom's level and her jeans were sat in the left over soil that spilled out.

Delilah looked up and saw her blonde-haired daughter and smiled dearly at her, "Hey, you okay?" She could tell that Cassandra appeared like she had a few things on her mind.

Cassandra nodded, "Yeah" she muttered. Delilah looked at her and could only prove that there were definitely something on her daughters mind. She didn't say anything, of course, but she waited til Cassandra was ready.