A Big Decision

Next Day

Next Day

Avni was making breakfast for herself. Yeah she is 17 but can cook well as she is mostly alone at home and her father don't like any stranger working in their house in his absence. Avni herself is quite choosy or particular about her food that's why she adapted cooking in her early teenage only. And sometimes when she don't feel like cooking ...then  Of course she has Sumitra Aunty who cooks so so well.

She was about to finish making her breakfast and there was someone at the main door. Avni washed her hands and ran towards the main door as soon as she heard the bell ring. She opened the door and was shocked to see her father as he was to come a week later. She gave him the way to enter into the house.

Her father enter inside and roam his eyes around the house and then his eyes landed upon the kitchen..... Which was a mess. Then he turn towards Avni.

"Everything you do must be done with atmost sincerity. ", said Avni's father pointing towards the kitchen.

"I..I'll clean it up once I am done cooking. ", said Avni clearing her throat.

"It's 11:30 .. You always do your breakfast this late?? ", asked her father.

" No Actually.....Sumitra aunty held a dinner last night and i came back late from there..... So couldn't wake up early ", Explained Avni.

" You know how much importance time carries in the Profession you are about to join", said Colonel with a stern face.

"I know the importance of time.. A.. And I have a fixed routine this only happens occasionally. ", said Avni in a low tone.

" I don't need any excuses.... Just finish your breakfast.... I am going in my room and I want to talk to you on something.....I shall see you in the study in two hours. ", Said her father to which Avni just nodded.

Avni went into the kitchen. She took the Poha into a plate and began eating while thinking how rude her father is.... He didn't ask about my well being .... Not even about my result but was just pointing out my flaws. Actually that's what he loves to do.

Avni entered in the study room where her father was already waiting for her. She was a bit nervous as she didn't have any clue about for what her father has called her.

"Sit here", asked her father gesturing towards the chair in front of him.

Avni nods and as instructed to her sit on the chair.

" I heard of your result and I must say that's good.... What are your plans for future? " Said Avni's father in a very serious tone.

First of all Avni felt so good to hear that her father appreciated her. This.....just a word of appreciation that's what she was dying to hear.

"I am talking to you Avni where are you lost? ", asked her father.

Avni came back to reality after hearing his voice. " Hhmm..... I am listening... Actually I.. I want to do my MBBS from AIIMS Delhi and I am sure with my score I will easily get into it. " said Avni with a small smile.

Avni waited for him to say something but he didn't speak for a minute or two and then I was about say something.....he began

"Okay... That's good then we'll sell this house and will shift to Ajmer and you'll stay in the hostel. ", said her father.

His every single word was like a thunderlight for Avni.

" No.... I am not going out of Delhi. ", said Avni loudly.

" You are not even going anywhere out of Delhi. " , said her father.

"I mean I am not leaving this house.... A.. And I don't want to stay in a hostel..... I will live here in my home as usual. ", said Avni.

" Avni I have decided ", said her father in a strict tone.

" How can you decide everything for me without even asking me once.... And how can you sell this house this is mumma's only assert left with us" , asked Avni with tears in her eyes.

"Avni I have decided what I have to do and I don't need a single argument over this", cleared her father.

" Does Aadi Bhaiya know all this??", asked Avni.

"No.... I'll tell him once he is back home", he said.

" No...you can't decide everything on your own.... An.. And this is n....not your property..... this my mother's dre.... dream house. I'll not let you do this ", said Avni sobbing and ran out of the study.

Avni was crying out loud in her bedroom remembering her mother and seeing her father's rude behavior. She was sobbing and suddenly her phone started ringing. It was Aditya she hurriedly picked up the phone.

"Bhaiyaa please come back soon.... Bhaiya plzz", Avni pleaded him crying.

" Avni... Avni why are you crying???? Is everything alright?? What happened? ", Asked Aditya all worried hearing Avni cry like this.

" Bhaiyaa Baba is back home.", Said Avni.

"So what's to cry in this", asked Aditya.

" Bhaiya Baba bol rhe wo hmara yeh ghar... Mumma ka ghar bech denge and Ajmer s.. shift ho jayenge... aur mai.. Main hho.... Hostel mein rahungi....bhaiya how can he decide everything on his own... Main mumma ka ghar nhi bikne dungi... Bhaiyaa aap j..... jaldi wapas aa jao... Bhh... Bhaiya ple... Please. ", said Avni sobbing hard.

"What??.... He didn't tell me anything about this... Listen Avni firstly you just stop crying. I'll try my best to come early... You just relaxx... Don't worry... I'll take care of everything Avni", said Aditya.

" Bhaiya plzz come soon" , said Avni.

"I will Avni....Don't worry", said Aditya.

Avni was a bit relaxed after talking to his brother. But still she was worried about everything. She slept after getting tired of crying and sobbing.

Please vote 🙏
Share your views in the comments💬

I hope you like the story.
Next update will be made within  a week.