Chapter 12: Altercation

She was silent. Now I know she still loves Jesse. It's okay. I'm okay, as long as I see her happy. I've seen how Jesse makes her smile. They're perfect for each other.

"You still love him." I told her with a smile on my face. This wasn't fake. I am happy for her.

She sighed.

"Bu-"

"Nope. You can only love one person, and I want that to be Jesse. You'll be happier with him." I cut her off.

She started crying. "We can be best friends?" I said while hugging her.

"It can't be 'just best friends'" she said.

She pushed me away and started running. The usual Beca. Always running away from her problems.

I chased her until she bumped to someone.

"What are you two girls doing?" Jesse asked.

Beca looked at me signaling me to make something up.

"Uhm, she took my cigarettes." I said even though I don't smoke. That's the only thing I can think of. She had a pack of cigarettes in her pocket, and im the only one here who can smoke without coughing.

"You smoke?" Jesse asked surprise.

"It's a dare, then Beca took it to show the girls. It's embarrassing." I chuckled.

Beca smiled, but I knew it was fake.

"So Beca, you never met my parents and we're graduating already. Do you mind if I introduce you to them." Jesse started.

"I met your father already, but you never met mine. Oh, Chloe, you can come too, if you want." I know that's not the proper thing to do.

"Nope, it's okay."

"Okay, so tomorrow night?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, sure." Beca said looking at me at her side.

"Hey Beca, I'll leave you two here. I'm going to prepare for our gig tomorrow." She nodded her head and I walked going to our house.

~•~

It was a disaster! First of all, the demo or the song didn't impress our audience. Second, the awkwardness between Beca and I. She's not talking to me or doing anything to me. Lastly, Cynthia Rose burned her head.

Nobody wanted to talk about what happened. I told them we have to go to a retreat and look for our sound.

I know who to call and where to go. Everyone's asleep right now except for me and Beca. Beca's out with Jesse and his parents. Me? I'm just about to call the organizer of this retreat.

"Hey! I think you know what I need."

"Chloe? Retreat, huh?"

"Yes, Aubrey! Also I've missed you so much."

"I'll get your activities ready, when?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?! What?"

"We don't have enough time."

"You've got to thank god no one's scheduled tomorrow."

"Thank god!" I chuckled

"Okay I'll get it ready. I have to go now."

"Bye, Aubrey!"

I turned the lights off and fell asleep.

~•~

We're on our way to the camp. No one knows where we're going, so it's going to be a surprise.