Chapter 3

The game is over and the Slytherins not so surprisingly won. The team was off to the locker rooms to shower and change which meant I wouldn't see Theo until the party that is now a celebration party for the win. Me and Pansy head back to her dorm as she insisted that I will need to wear her clothes for the party.

"I have the perfect outfit for you. Theo won't be able to keep his eyes off you." She insists

What I wasn't expecting was to be put in a short little black dress that felt like a second skin along with black stockings that had lace at the top that ended just under the bottom of my dress paired with platform heels. I insisted on doing my own hair and makeup. The outfit was enough out of my comfort zone. I needed something that felt like me. So I did my hair into big bouncy curls and left my makeup simple but put on a touch of maroon lip balm that gave my lips a little darker color than natural.

I've felt pretty in my usual Hufflepuff aesthetic but looking in the mirror now, I felt sexy. I looked over at Pansy who was wearing her house colors, a dark green mini dress with black heels and dark eyeshadow.

"My my Theo might have some competition after the other boys see you" Pansy giggled.

I giggle too, mostly over the insanity of her remark but also at the idea of Theo being jealous over me.

We could hear the music coming from the common room from Pansy's dorm. Looking at the clock we would be fashionably late.

"Perfect timing" Pansy said "everyone will already be down there and we'll get to have our cinderella moment."

"Shall we" I say in a fake british accent sticking my arm out for her to take.

" We shall" She replies back in the same terrible accent.

We are still giggling as we are walking down the stairs to the common room. I falter on my steps when I realize how many people are stuffed into the room. I've never been to a slytherin party before, not that I haven't been invited, Pansy has asked plenty of times, now I'm realizing why I never said yes. Tons of people, people I don't know that well. The drinks are flowing and people are dancing, well some are dancing, others i'm not sure if you can call that dancing, it looks more like something that shouldn't be done in public.

We get to the bottom of the stairs and that's when I see him. Standing against a wall looking mildly interested in the conversation that Draco and Enzo are having. Pansy makes our presence known by quite loudly telling Draco that she wants a drink. Pansy and Draco have had this on and off relationship since I met Pansy in year 4. Draco huffs put takes pansy's hand and drags her to the drink station that is set up with kegs. Pansy looks back at me and winks as she is pulled away. When I look back at Theo I see him already staring at me.

"Hi" I say feeling quite shy under his gaze

"You came" he says with a look I can't quite place. It isn't surprise, maybe amazement?

"I don't think Pansy would have given me a choice" I reply with a small grin

He bites his lip for a moment taking me in and says "You look beautiful"

For a second I think I short circuited as I try to reply but am left with an awkward mixture of words, "you do too, I mean you look good, you always do" I pause horrified that I'm still talking "you played beautiful today, I mean wonderful, you played wonderful" I finally stop with a huff of air feeling positively embarrassed.

When I finally meet his eyes he is smirking with amusement in his eyes. Great, he thinks i'm probably dumb now and is finding this very funny.

"Thank you y/n, no one's ever called me beautiful" he says, and it feels sincere. "Come on let's go get you a drink" I nod taking his outstretched hand.