8-Somethin New

Sassy

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since Bryson and I hooked up. Since he last even spoke to me. He's been ignorin' me ever since. Whenever the guys would want to hang out he always had some damn excuse. I was sick and tired of his damn excuses.

Other things happened in these last two weeks too. I was surprised to hear that both Kiki and Delontae were stayin' with me until further notice. Thank god because I did not wanna be in that house practically alone. The other thing is that I haven't seen Eva since the fight. There has been no texts or calls and she hasn't been to school. I looked for her every day, but still nothin. I was fed up with bein' ignored!

Bryson hasn't been in class since the day he pretended like I never existed. He had to be here somewhere. He was goin' to notice me today. I'll be damned if I was treated like trash. I'm not like the girls he's used to. I don't play that shit.

I was in class bored to tears. Literally. I could feel my eyes waterin' as I stared at the board. It was so blurry; I had no idea what it said. I asked to go to the bathroom just to get some damn air. I stuck my headphones in my ear and turned on my music. Chains started playing and I just couldn't help myself. Nick Jonas is the sexiest white boy alive. Anyone who tries to tell me different gets a throat jab.

I started dancin' in the empty hallway. Like real dancing. Pirouettes and everything. I've been takin' dance classes since I was 4. When I lost my brother is when I lost interest in dancin'. He came to all of my recitals. All of them. He was my rock. Him bein' the oldest and me bein' the youngest at the time we had a certain connection. I missed him so damn much.

The song played and my dancin' turned into gymnastics. I was doin' all kinds of flips and splits in that hallway. I was so into my bendin' body and the song that I didn't realize I wasn't alone any more. When the song ended so did I and then I heard someone behind me.

A/n looking back on this book this shit was corny as hell lol. imma keep it tho

"Holy shit!" They said.

I damn near jumped outta my skin. They scared the shit outta me. I turned and saw a blonde girl staring at me with her mouth wide. She must've been a cheerleader because... well...she was wearin' the uniform.

"That was fucking awesome!" She squealed. Very cheerleader like.

"Yeah, thanks." I started to go back to class, but she stopped me.

"Hey, wait! You wanna join the squad?"

I looked at her like she was crazy, but I've been asked that before. My mother wanted me to be a cheerleader from freshman year. I hated all that preppy stuff. Yeah I'm loud, but am I cheerleader loud? I already fucked up the first week of school. I have to make it up to moms somehow.

"You askin' me to jump around screamin' like a damn monkey?"

"I'm one of those monkeys, thank you. But we suck. Our coach is a man. A fucking man! Not even a gay one at that. Our moves are robotic and he's too lazy to do better. If you could join and help choreograph we could actually be something." Her eyes were practically begging me. How could I say no?

"Nah, I'm good." Yeah. Like that.

"Please! I'm on my knees begging you. Just help us out. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Ple-"

"Ard, ard. If it gets you to shut the hell up I'll do it."

She jumped up screamin like a fuckin' banshee again. So damn perky! I couldn't help but laugh. She seemed like a sweet girl.