┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

august 9th ✧ 1993

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the weekend had gone by incredibly fast, with richie only arriving on the saturday evening, and spending the whole sunday at the aladdin and shopping centre with his old and new friends. unfortunately for him, he was still yet to see eddie. 

now, richie and mike were packing for richie's first day at school, pretty early in the morning.

"richie, you should try out for the hockey team. i know you used to play hockey at your old school. we have a great field hockey team instead of a football team. they even have a cheer squad to cheer you on in games." mike continued. "most of them are girls, two are boys. will's on the team, and he's amazing. and he looks amazing in the ski-" 

"shut up. just shut up, mike, i don't need to hear about you're horny sex fantasies." richie rolled his eyes as mike scoffed. 

"wait, mike?" richie paused as the words clicked in his brain. mike looked at him in a questioning look. 

"where's your cassette player?" 

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"hello daddy! hello mom! i'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!" mike screamed at the top of his lungs as the two boys danced around the room, multi-tasking while getting ready and packing for school. 

"hello world! i'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!" richie continued, trying to hold in his giggles as he climbed onto the bed and started jumping.

"stone age love and strange sounds too!" mike shook his head, his messy hair getting messier by the second.

"come on baby, let me get to yo-" richie was unfortunately cut off by a seemingly angry holly screaming and calling their name because apparently they were going to make her late. 

"fine, for fuck's sake we're coming holly!" mike rolled his eyes, stuffing his lunch box into his backpack and slinging one strap around his shoulder. 

"let's go, doofus." richie rolled his eyes, shoving his cousin to one side and making his way out of the door with an agitated mike screaming behind him. but richie didn't care, not when he was about to have the time of his life at school. and after that, he was going to his first real foot ball game.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

richie was wrong. school was absolute shit, at least the first three classes. everyone watched him as if he was a freak. a mythical creature no one had ever laid eyes on. it was awful, people didn't speak to him, didn't look at him, barely even said a word to him. but luckily mike had been with him the entire time. the school had organised for them to have all the same classes together, including the free period that mike and him had right now. they strolled into the empty classroom together, richie looking and feeling as if he'd been through hell. it was so much different here than in new york. it was insane because in new york, he was the most popular boy there. he had the cool friends, the looks, the grades and everything but it almost felt refreshing being away from there. it was confusing, feeling how he felt, because he felt like a freak here but he also enjoyed the difference in atmosphere and scenery. 

as richie and mike entered, he was glad to see some of his friends again, scattered across the empty tables, no one really working except stanley. bill was seated next to stanley, poking at him and scribbling notes on his notebook, but stan didn't care. he almost looked as if he enjoyed it. 

ben, dustin, mike hanlon, max, el and will were seated together at one table, playing what seemed to be uno. 

"what a coincidence that we all have free periods." richie chuckled, throwing his half empty school bag onto an empty table and pulling a chair to sit next to the group playing uno, his nose filled with the smell of will's strong cologne. 

richie wanted to ask him about it, but he just looked so happy as mike took a seat on the other side of him. they were so cute together, and they seemed to completely disregard the fact that they were acting gay, just like steve and eddie. 

thoughts flew through richie's mind as will and mike's flirting grew obvious, so obvious that the rest of the group were almost pissing themselves. 

"what?" will asked innocently as the group went silent. 

"nothing." max giggled, her and el throwing funny looks at each other. 

"assholes," mike rolled his eyes as he continued his chat with will. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AUTHOR'S NOTE

second chap done <33 

what do you think of mike and richie's friendship? 

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛