Chapter 2. Slide

Quick A/N before this starts: THE SLIDE IS THOSE SLIDES WITH LIKE THE SMALL PLATFORMS AT THE TOP YK?? NOT LIKE THIS ONE 🛝 WHATEVER UM ENJOY IG

i.

It was starting to get dark as we'd made our way to the playground, tripping over untied shoelaces and joking around. The moon shone bright, casting a blue glow over the both of us. Boris looked even paler than he usually did and when I looked closer at him, I could barely make out the deep cut across his cheek. A trail of dried blood ran across his face where it had once dripped off, and fresh blood was pooling in the cut.

"Wow." I said.

"What? Did you even hear what I said?"

"That's gonna scar." I pointed at his face.

"Yeah, well. Who cares? Hey, at least I'll look badass." He smiled, nudging me. "Like those gangsters! From that one movie?

I heard the soft crunching of gravel beneath our feet as we got to the playground. The area around us had smelled earthy, something I couldn't quite describe. The playground had been long abandoned by the neighborhood. It wasn't much. A rusty swing set. An old plastic slide. A climbing frame that once was a sickly neon color but was now caked in dust.

"Why'd you want to come here today?" I turned to face him

"Eh, my dad's at home. Was fucking up the whole house." He pointed at his face.

"Oh."

I sat myself on one of the swings, Boris beside me picking at the hem of his shirt. I remembered going to the park as a kid with my mom, sunny spring afternoons running around on the grass barefoot, not caring about anything more than that moment.

"Hey, we should go down the slide." We'd never went down the slide there before. Boris got up and started climbing the ladder.

"Wait," I followed behind him. "Are you sure that's exactly... safe?"

He stared at me. "Why wouldn't it be? It's for children, no?"

"That thing looks like it's about to turn into dust."

"I guess we'll have to see then."

I watched as he gripped the sides of the railing with his hands, hauling himself up and collapsing at the top.

"Potter, come." He shifted to one side to make space for me.

"What? I don't know what you're on, but—"

"Ha! Come on, it's fine!" Boris grinned down at me.

I rolled my eyes and went up the ladder. The metal steps beneath me shook. I tugged myself onto the platform, wiping my hands on my pants.

I turned to look around us. The sky stretched on for miles, further than I could see. It was completely dark by now.

"Hey Potter, you're not afraid of heights, are you?"

"Not really. What are you planni—"

Laughing wildly, Boris shoved me down the slide, back first. I felt the pain, slamming into my body, gravel flying up into the air. I'd tried to stop the fall by putting my hand under me, a movement that made sense at the moment.

"You—" I coughed, dust clouding my eyes. "You bastard! What was that for?"

I felt my hands getting warm and when I looked down, there was dark blood seeping out my palm where the gravel had cut me. Boris was still on the slide, holding onto the sides as he howled with laughter.

My ears were still ringing and I felt as if I was going to collapse. I pushed myself up, stumbling over to the slide, clutching my chest and tugging at Boris's arm, hard, so that he came down the slide, hair flying in his face. The sight of him so stunned and helpless, being dragged down by someone like me, made me start to laugh. He was laughing too, on his back, trying to kick the gravel at me.

"Asshole." I grinned, laying down beside him and reaching for my glasses

"Is it ok?" He nodded towards my hand once he'd stopped.

I lifted my hands up in front of my eyes and squinted. It was still bleeding.

"Eh, it's whatever."

A/N: I ran out of ideas and motivation so it's unfinished bc I kinda hate this idea

Hey so I'm back 🤠 ummm I had no ideas for such a long time so I just decided to write this?? It still sucks so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS 😔 THEY CAN BE ANY AGE PLEASE

Also I'm so sorry for making you read the previous fic it was so bad and so is this one ☠️