《Am I too late?》

A/N: HEYYY so I know it's been a while so uhhh I had to make this little quick since this is a small background of Y/n's life. And also comment if you'd like his name changed and comment what name you'd like. So uh enjoy

People dressed in black surrounded the casket which Peter is in. Ava can be seen under an umbrella, holding Nellie. Ava's eyes can be seen puffy due to crying for hours. While Gwen was by my side, all of us mourned for the boy in front of us.

After Peter's funeral, all of us weren't technically in the mood to talk. As a result, the room was quiet and muted. But footsteps were heard coming towards you, it was Gwen.

"Y/n, you have to eat" as we were in the kitchen. I was holding a bottle of whiskey.. yeah, not good for a teenager but who could blame me? My best friend was dead because I was too late to go and save him.

"I'm not in the mood for food."

"Y/n please at least eat something, for me?" I sighed knowing I couldn't disagree. I got up and went upstairs and into the bathroom. I just realized I look like a mess. My hair is scattered everywhere, and my eyes have dark circles underneath them and look puffy. I looked pale like I had seen some ghosts.

I am washing my hands but when I was washing them. My eyes were playing tricks on me. My hands have some blood. I was starting to freak out. And the broken flickering light bulb that lay above me wasn't helping calm my nerves down.

"Do you blame yourself?" A too-familiar voice behind me said.

I was startled, to say the least. I looked up in the mirror and saw Peter. Peter was bleeding head to toe just like I saw him."What?" I answered

"Do you blame yourself" whilst tilting his head..

I widened my eyes as I saw blood dripping down his eyes not to mention his eyes turning bloodshot red. He looks like a monster I thought and whimpered when I felt his bloody hands on my shoulder.

"You did this Y/n, why didn't you help me then? How could you be a hero when you couldn't even save me?" his words struck me

"No... -" He's right, I looked him in the eyes and saw nothing but disappointment and anger."Y/N!" Gwen's voice can be heard on the other side of the door. I saw the water was overflowing so I turned it off. I dried my hands with a towel beside me. I looked at my hands for any blood but there was none.

I opened the door and was greeted by Gwen. "You took way too long in the bathroom" she sighed muttering a sorry then past her I heard her call out my name though I ignored it. I went back downstairs and went outside.

It's been a while since the accident and I'm still not up to fighting crimes. Black Cat is serving her time in jail, venom went AWOL in my body after, The Green Goblin remained at large while Otto has been revealed dead in his apartment with many injections surrounding him.

I know it's not right to treat Gwen like this, I mean Aya has been zoning out a couple of times. I went outside clearly not wanting to see Gwen right now. Maybe for the better... I shouldn't have revealed myself to them now all I could think I might be the sole reason why they would die in the hands of the Green Goblin. He has been creating chaos outside yet I can't find myself to do it.

*Timeskip*

It's midnight already and I haven't gone home. Been walking in the streets without a care. Multiple missed calls and texts from Gwen, Mom and Dad. Honestly, why did I take this role again?

Oh right because I wanted to become like Gwen's Dad yet he's still out there fighting while I'm here mourning. I sighed, staring at the stars wondering if it was true that when someone dies they become a star now looking after their peers or family... and when they find out that the person they are looking after is now able to look after themselves they leave as a star?