Into another Universe ● Dad's Antiques

Y/n POV

I packed up my important stuff into my backpack to go have a sleepover with a classmate, Robert, to do a project due this week. He already had every material needed as we bought them together yesterday he told me he didn't need me to be there since the accident. When the news came everyone looked at me with pity but I didn't need that. He insisted on me staying home but I wanted to help so I packed up some clothes worth four days into a duffel bag as it was a big project I had my uniform in there since it was school day tomorrow I couldn't come home since it's a bit far so I just decided to bring it. I went to the door and opened it, I was wearing a hoodie, and underneath was my suit that I was going to throw out after..losing them. Mom and Dad sewn it back but I felt like I didn't deserve it anymore.

While I was walking towards his apartment I saw a billboard of me that was painted over with a devil's ear and wrote murder beside it.

I turned to where I was walking trying to not think about it but I couldn't help feeling a tear run down my eye I quickly wiped it off to avoid being emotional but I couldn't stop it so I just texted Robert that I'd bail and told him I'm sorry he replied with

"It's alright I can do it on my own you already helped me out by buying the things with your money" I quickly turn off my phone while turning to a corner directed to an alleyway I kick a trash can to the ground and tried to throw my mask but was stopped by a portal, it was like built into the wall and feel myself getting sucked into it.

*Meanwhile*

Miles POV

I was drawing a new art for it to be "thrown out" with my headphones on, listening to Sunflower by Post Malone feeling the vibe I started doing a little dance whilst still drawing I heard muttering but paid no attention to it and still vibing to the song until.

"Miles!" I heard my dad say and rested my headphones on my neck "Yeah" I replied, "Are you finished packing for school?" I slightly turn my chair around to see my suitcase empty "Yeah.." with a frail voice I quickly close my sketchbook put it in my mouth then push myself backwards in the chair "Just ironing my last shirt" I said to buy some time I picked up a basket full of clothes then dump it into my suitcase.

I picked up my backpack and tried fitting some books that were on the floor then made myself stand up "Come on! You are a grown man now. Let's show these teachers that." I heard my dad say.

I put on my uniform, and pulled my collar a bit "Miles" I heard my mom say as I opened the door "Where's my laptop?" I said with my backpack on my front open wide "If you want me to drive you, we gotta go now" My dad said with a snack in his hands.

"No, Dad, I'll walk" I quickly replied still looking for my laptop "Personal chauffeur going once," My dad said picking up my suitcase "It's okay," I said going to the kitchen a bumping my mother, her muttering something in Spanish "Miles! Gotta go" My mom said holding the telephone I quickly replied "In a minute" feeding myself hot food from a pot
Then Dad came up to me putting some papers into my backpack "Gotta go" Mom said again "In a minute" I groaned slightly annoyed.

*Mid cut scene*

To me and my mom standing outside our house her kissing my cheek "Mom, I gotta go" I said to her "In a minute" seeing people looking at us then I walked down the steps "See you on Friday" Mom said after speaking Spanish for a bit "Ok mami" I replied

I walked on the sidewalk and bumped into some friends "Look who's back Yo, what's going on, bro?" My friend said "Hey, I'm just walking by. How you doin'?" I replied while resting my headphones on my neck I turned to a corner greeted by more friends 

I turned my head towards the small guy holding a basketball "Yo miles! You feel that earthquake last night?" He said while passing me his basketball I slid my suitcase to get the ball to my hands "What are you talkin' about? I slept like a baby last night." I said nonchalantly passing the ball back to him to do a handshake to the guy who was leaning against the wall I grabbed my suitcase "How's that new school?" Someone behind a fence said to me "So easy" I replied being cool about it "We miss you, Miles." She said "You miss me? I still live here!" I said I turned my head towards where I was walking "Wait you miss me?" I said more to myself than to her.

*Mid cut scene*

I stuck some stickers onto some signs then again to another object then I made a high jump to stick my sticker to the sign that said WYTHE beside the road but then I slipped on my shoelace "Contra!" I shouted as a police car stopped in front of me I looked at the car "Oh, come on" I sighed.

*Mid cut scene*

I laid my head back sighing speaking up "Seriously, Dad. Walking would've been fine" "You can walk plenty on Saturday when you peel those stickers off" He replied unamused "You saw that?.. I don't know if that was me" I tried to get away "And the two from yesterday on Clinton" he replied quickly, to shut me up.

He looked at the rear-view mirror as I said "Yeah, those were me" He tried to cheer me up by changing the subject to "Look at that. Another new coffee shop" as he propped up on one elbow "You see that Miles?" "Totally. Yeah." I brought my hands to the side of my cheek as I looked at the side.

"What's that one called?" He said barely audible "Foam party" I quickly replied "Foam Party"? Come on" I got his attention as he looked at me with his head turned laughing then back to the road

"And everyone is just lining up. You see that?" "I see it" still unbothered "Is that a coffee shop or a disco?" He said slightly smiling "Dad, you're old, man"

Outside was a screen TV-like talking about the "mysterious seismic event last night and Spiderman looking at the problem* "Spiderman. I mean, this guy swings in once a day..." my dad now annoyed at the mention of Spiderman "...zip-zap-zop in his little mask and answers to no one. Right?" "Yeah, Dad. Yeah." Still looking to the side unbothered by the multiple questions "Meanwhile, my guys are out there...lives on the line, no masks we show our faces".

I looked surprised at the kids "Speed up, I know these kids" I said yet my dad continued "With great ability comes great accountability" "That's not even how the saying goes" I said looking at him now attentive "I do like his cereal, though I'll give him that." He muttered but still audible I heard some kids behind me so I hid my face in my hands as they took pictures of me "Oh, my gosh. Don't cops run red lights?" "Oh yeah, some do. But not your dad." He points himself and clicks his tongue.

We arrive at my new school Brooklyn Visions Academy "Why can't I go back to Brooklyn Middle?" I ask suddenly

"You've given it 2 weeks. We're not having this conversation" he replied "I just think that this new school is elitist." I said "Elitist?" He replied.

"And I would prefer to be at a normal school among the people." Continuing "The people"? These are your people" He looks at me confused "I'm only here 'cause I won that stupid lottery." I replied a bit annoyed.

"No way. You passed the entry test just like everybody else. You have an opportunity here. You wanna blow that?" He said, "You wanna end up like your uncle?" "What's wrong with Uncle Aaron? He's a good guy." I said, My dad sighed "We all make choices in life?" He said, boring his eyes unto me "It doesn't feel like I have a choice right now" I said "You don't" he replied quickly a hint of anger in his voice he sighed and auto open the door beside me I then open the passenger seat where my backpack and suitcase are as I glanced at him.

"I love you, Miles," he said softly, "Yeah, I know, Dad. See you on Friday." I closed the door with my foot then I heard a siren behind me "You gotta say "I love you" back." He said on a radio making it audible to anyone close to me "Dad, are you serious?" I said turning my head at him.

"I wanna hear it. "I love you, Dad," "You wanna hear me say it?" I said looking to my left and seeing people staring at him

"You're dropping me off at a school." I said stating the obvious "I love you, Dad." He continues "Look at this place." I said opening my hands out to both my sides "Dad, I love you." He said everyone now looking at me I raised my head at the sky sighing at my dad's antiques "Dad, I love you." I said, giving up and looking at him seeing him smile "That's a copy." He said on the radio I turned my head at the door as they laughed and on cue, he said "Tie your shoes, please." I walked towards the door knowing everyone knew about it

A/n: the next part will be Y/n POV after he was sucked into the portal