Beginnings

Chapter 1 Beginnings

For a long time, since Earth was still young, Humanity has made many stories. The old stories we now call mythology, tells every generation about beings like Dragons, Vampires, Werewolves, Mermaids, Demons, Angles and so many more. Some believed these extraordinary, sometimes horrifying, creatures were real at one point, while others thought they were just fictional things their ancestors made to entertain their children.

That all when the government at the time revealed a secret they had been keeping from the public: the creatures of mythology, or Demi-Humans as they are now called, were actually real.

The government had initiated the 'Interspecies Exchange Bell', a program that aides the Demi-Humans to integrate into Human society properly. With some conditions, such as they need a Human to live with, and they are strictly forbidden to mate with them, just to count a few.

As for the Demi-Humans themselves, over 57 percent of them are females and some of the races are entirely made of females. There are also Demi-Human species that haven't registered for the program, like Dragons, Hydras, Griffins and Sphinx, and those are just the well-known ones. Why they don't register for the program, their reasons vary. From being more comfortable in their home environments to being too destructive to be in a largely populated area.

Besides that, there seems to be no negative effects of having the Demi-Humans around, at least not big enough for a war...

Three years later, there was a new addition added to the Exchange Bill. Humans and Demi-Humans were now allowed to marry. There was one known group in the process of implementing this new law,but the state of this group wasn't made public due to certain reasons and for their privacy.

* * *

There on a chair sat a teenage boy, around sixteen years old, resting his chin on his left palm while looking outside.

He had slightly spiky black hair, wore a white short-sleeve shirt, black long pants and had red shoes decorated with black patches and Chinese Dragons on each, but the most striking feature he had was his eyes... The right one was a lilac purple, and the left was a golden yellow.

"Hey, Tetsuro."

"Hmm?" The dual-coloured eye boy, now known as Tetsuro, turned to the one who called out to him.

The voice belonged to a fellow classmate of his, who also had black hair like himself, only it was combed back. He wore the standard school uniform like Tetsuro. This guy's name was Tohru Machigai, he was one of Tetsuro's closest friends.

"I've got a date tomorrow and oh boy is she hot, if I play my cards right we might go to the next level." Tohru said, as he started to breath heavily with each word that left his mouth, his fingers wiggling like snakes.

Tohru was also very... weak willed when it came to girls.

Tetsuro knew the signs when his friend was really excited, the way that Tohru breathed and how he moved his figures meant that the girl he was talking about must be really beautiful. Still, Tetsuro felt there was something else this time.

"And you're telling me this because...?" The dual-coloured eye teen drew his sentence out for his friend to finish.

"Because she's bringing a friend who's just as hot! Meaning... this is going be a double date, and I need someone with me for this to work."

There it was.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to come along on this?" Tohru explained. He then brought his right hand to whisper before looking around if anyone was eavesdropping.