1.1

Washington D

Washington
D.C

"Steve Represented the best in all of us"

The scene changed as Sam's voice echoed. Showing the White House.

"Past tense.." It was Tony who said that. His voice strained as if it almost hurt. "Why is it past tense?"

Those who were there during the civil war were in shock. Not knowing that Tony would be so hurt over this. Even Steve himself didn't believe it.

On the other hand, bucky went stiff at the reminder as Mary gave Tony a sad glance as she simultaneously tried to comfort her lovers.

"Like Sam said shit happens.."

"Courageous, righteous, hopeful, and he mastered posing stoically" It had shown Sam in a hall with people as he gave his tribute. The crowd laughed even portraying Rhodey who looked Nostalgic as Sam spoke.

Steve didn't know how to process this. It seems he dies in the future. Was he ready? He was already out of his time but did he really want to leave yet? With his new friends and family still being left behind? And speaking of friends where were they? Tony? Nat? Clint? Why weren't they there as well?

"The world has been forever changed" Sam's smiled sadly at the crowd. "A few months ago billions of people reappeared after five years away sending the world into turmoil. We need new heroes. One's suited for the times we're in."

Rhodey tilted his head at his comrade's words. "Symbols...are nothing without the women and men that give them meaning"

"And this thing" Smiling softly he reached down, picking up the shield and holding it as he stared at it carefully. "I don't know if there's ever been a greater symbol."

Sam paused as if snapping out of his nostalgic trance. "But it's more about the man that propped it up. And he's gone."

"Thats one way to kill the mood," Sirius grumbled. Dorcas who overheard turned at stared at him like he was crazy. "They're literally at this man's memorial service you dipshit it's not supposed to be happy"

"I was just saying-"

"Well, there's the problem brother.." Regulus' smile was fake as he spat out the word brother. "Try not to say anything next time"

"So we honor steves legacy but also, we look to the future" Turning he looked at the Banner of his past friend. "Thank you, Captain America."

"But this Belongs to you" Sam applauded as he handed over the shield as the people safely secured it in the glass. The man could do nothing but watch as he gave the shield away.

____

"Thanks again for coming forward with the shield Sam," one of the government officials said shaking Sam's hand with Rhodey trailing not far behind. "It was the right decision."