The Empire Of Caelestis

Elvira

For several days, we traveled through Elysia and made our way to Caelestis.
On our way, we passed through many interesting terrains and rivers.

For instance, we traveled through the edge of a river bank, and there were endless ginormous fishes swarming the river. Not a single tiny fish could be seen. The smallest fish I was able to spot, was about the size of me.

We also passed through a lush forest that had plants, insects, and little animals that I had never seen before. The insects came in all colors and shapes. There were giant mushrooms that grew to be as tall as a tree, some even taller.

We also passed through interesting remnants of abandoned mansions, that became one with the mountains at some point.

Adelio allowed me to explore the interesting forest and abandoned mansions; with him guarding closely behind me of course.

The world outside of Elysia was incredible, and it's painful to know how many Elysians will never get to know these wonders.

Now we finally made it to Caelestis.

In front of me was a massive rock, arching through the sky like a rainbow. It ran from a mountain on the left, then through the sky, and landed on another mountain on the right side.

At either side on the foot of the arched rock were two ginormous dragon statues. Each of them was just as tall as the mountains they were next to.

They were sitting on their hind legs, their wings dispersing into the air like they were about to take flight. Four sets of large horns sprouted from the top of their head, with pointy edges that were reaching for the sky. Curled around what looked like a podium beneath their feet, were their extremely long tails.

Their faces were menacing as if judging the worth of whoever crossed through the arch.

The intensity and pressure of their stares made me shrink back into Adelio. I shifted on his thighs and gripped the hem of his shirt.

"That thing doesn't move, right? It's just an ordinary statue right?" I gulped.

Adelio let out a teasing laugh. "No, my love, no it doesn't move. It's just an ordinary statue"

However, even when he was teasing me, his hands tightened around my waist, while rubbing soothing circles on it, in an attempt to comfort me.

"Um, okay..."

I held my breath, then stared out the window nervously as the carriage began to stroll through the arch.

As soon as we were through the opening, the temperature in the air dropped as a rush of wind brushed against my face that was now sticking out the carriage's window.

A red leaf glided past my face, just right above my nose. The leaf drew my gaze with it as it glided with the wind and then drifted off. I returned my attention back to the road ahead of us, and I saw dozens and dozens of maple trees. They were all dancing and swaying as if overjoyed by the return of their ruler.

Their leaves presented the image of a red carpet as they fell and coated the floor with its red.

It was like we had entered a whole different dimension, as even the smell of the air and the rush of the wind were completely different from seconds ago when we were obverse the rainbow-like arch.

The carriage followed the path of the swaying maple trees and came to a halt in front of what I came to realize was a cliff.

As the carriage stopped, Adelio shifted towards the door and swung it open. He stepped outside and outstretched his hands to me.