PROLOGUE: ''KILLER BORN FROM ASHES''

THE BIRTH OF THE ASHES – EPOCHAL

FIRST BOOK

PROLOGUE: "KILLER BORN FROM ASHES"

Hi guys! Welcome to the ASHES world! I am so glad to see you here :)

Let's begin with prologue. Please do not forget to comment and like the chapter!!

Enjoy reading it!!

Chapter Song: Jesse Jo Stark – Lady Bird

^^^

According to the Epochal legend, if parents give their unborn children the names of gods and goddesses, the children partially inherit their powers. There were many people who believed in the legend, but there were also quite a few who did not. For years, they had the intention of seeing the answer to the long-standing debate with their own eyes.

The residents of the town, named Ash, after the killer born from ashes, were divided into two factions: Phoenix and Anguis. While Phoenix represented the mythical bird, the phoenix, Anguis symbolized the snake. The people, thinking they were independent from each other, were unaware of one thing: They shared the same fate.

The townspeople, who loathed each other, had come to a conclusion among themselves. They had drawn a long line to separate their living areas from each other. No one would set foot in each other's territory, and even the people living in the Phoenix and Anguis regions would not interact with each other.

On this long and bone-chillingly cold night, the person who would engulf the town in chaos, blinding everyone with a dazzling light, appeared right on the exact spot of the towering line that separated the regions. The ground seemed to crack beneath him.

Everyone ran around frantically and screamed because they knew who he was. In fact, some were so sure that this moment would come that they started grabbing their prepared suitcases and trying to escape. Everyone was bumping into each other and falling, yet they never took their eyes off him.

The killer born from ashes.

Why had he come for? Or who had he come for? These were the questions on everyone's mind.

He was kneeling, concealed within his black cloak. Although no one could see his face, the light emanating from him and his black cloak gave him away. The 6-year-old girl standing by the wall quietly observed her surroundings, and for a moment, her eyes fell upon the motionless figure enveloped in darkness. Her father had spoken about him, emphasizing repeatedly how wicked he was and that she should stay away from him. However, the little girl didn't feel that way.

On the contrary, even though she couldn't see him clearly, she was as certain as her own name that the killer born from ashes would not harm her. Despite being just a 6-year-old girl, she was incredibly fearless and had a courage beyond her years. She would even sneak out and play with a child from outside her region, despite knowing it was forbidden. The girl was from Phoenix, and the boy was from the Anguis region.

In a swift movement, she turned her eyes to her 9-year-old playmate standing on the other side of the line. She clenched the edges of her black wool sweater tightly in her palms. Her gaze fell upon the bracelet they had exchanged, symbolizing the love they felt for each other. It still adorned her wrist, and she could see the black bracelet from where she stood.