CHAPTER 5: ''POSSIBILITIES''

THE BIRTH OF THE ASHES

FIRST BOOK

Hello my loves! I'm with you for the 5th chapter... Oh, if you only knew how excited I am!

So far, how did you find the book? I'm really curious about your comments!

Please don't forget to vote. I love you all.

Chapter Song: The Irrepressibles – In This Shirt

^^^

CHAPTER 5: "POSSIBILITIES"

The last breaths of our existence.

The final rhythms of my heartbeat.

The last clarity before being trapped in darkness.

The last lifeline I would grasp before Hakan's collapse turned to dust and scattered. I tried to catch it before it disappeared, but it was in vain.

I had hoped to cling to that branch and escape from here. My hopes were beginning to be crushed beneath the rock, and I was doing my best to hold it back. I had thought my fingers would break as my hands ached.

The burden was heavy and overwhelming me. But I was strong. As I always had been deep inside me.

To observe him more clearly, I raised my head towards the peak and looked at the camel feasting on human flesh. It was staring towards Hakan, lying motionless on the ground. But its gaze bore traces of a fleeting terror. I knew it had targeted Hakan. It was impossible not to know.

It would not get what it desired because I would not allow it. It was a time of change.

"Hakan!" Aphrodite, unable to hold back her tears, let them flow freely. She was sitting on the ground, cradling her brother in her trembling arms. Morpheus had hidden Efdal behind him. He knew the giant wouldn't hide him, but he must have hoped it was worth a try.

Athena's wary gaze, however, was fixed on Ogre. Athena, holding a large stone in her hand whose origin I did not know. She was about to raise her arm to throw it at Ogre when Ares took the stone from her hand, stopping her. Athena turned to him in surprise, her attention scattered.

"We have a giant here who feasts on human flesh! This stone," he raised his hand, mockingly showing the stone. "Do you think it will stop the giant from eating us?" He tossed the stone aside, and due to the loud noise it produced, Ogre began to march towards us, pounding its feet on the ground.

Eylül's lifeless body was still in its hand. Holding that girl, whom I hadn't had a chance to get to know, in its filthy hand made me nauseous. Because of devouring Eylül's head, her clothes were stained with her blood.

With each step she took, the ground beneath our feet trembled. The dust merged with the air, obstructing our vision, while the sounds reverberated, echoing into our ears.

I had asked for the same voice to speak to me again. I was wishing for a light, an escape route to be shown to us.

Mockingly, my inner voice asked, 'Do wishes always come true, Anka?'