CHAPTER 1: ''HORROR''

Please don't forget to leave a comment and vote! I hope you like reading the chapter. Let's meet in the comments when you finish the chapter! :)

So, let's start with the first chapter,

I wish you enjoyable reading!

Chapter Song: The Lumineers- Sleep on The Floor

^^^

CHAPTER 1: "HORROR"

The intense sound of gunfire filling my ears was accompanied by high-pitched, agonizing screams. As I tried to open my eyes with determination, an indescribable pain suddenly overwhelmed me. The only thing I could remember was being caught during a large battle. Along with the wetness I felt on my scalp, fear engulfed my entire body, and a high-pitched moan escaped my lips.

"It's bleeding," said a voice, but I could not see the person since my eyes were held captive by a warm veil. To comprehend the sentence, I had to make a considerable effort as I felt disconnected from my own identity. The unfamiliar person repeated the sentence, "It's bleeding."

After a long and painful struggle, I managed to untangle my stuck long eyelashes and cautiously opened my eyes. Reflexively, my hand reached for my scalp, and then, slowly descending, I felt the wetness on my hand. My stomach churned at the discomforting sensation that still had not dried. I muttered, "Blurry," while struggling to get up from the uneasy ground I was sitting on.

My voice barely emerged, revealing the weakness I felt throughout my body. The reason for my blurred vision was the overwhelming presence of burning smoke in the air. The smell of blood, mixed with the nauseating scent of burns, permeated my nose, stinging my nostrils. The scent of blood was overpowered by the smell of burning, as if a pitch-black cloud of smoke had taken over the entire atmosphere.

As my vision slowly cleared, I saw right in front of me, on her left leg, a small piece of glass embedded in her kneecap, and the girl, who was no older than me, applying pressure with blood-soaked hands to control the bleeding.

Her blonde hair was discolored by the dirty smoke, and the tips were stained with the grime of blood, taking on an orangish hue. Ignoring the throbbing pain in my head, I approached the girl, getting closer to the intense sound emanating from the guns, which I did not like at all. My ears were gradually losing their ability to hear. I took a deep breath, forced to inhale the foul, nose-burning smell around me.

"I'll help you," I said, hoping the girl could trust me even a little. I was not entirely sure of my success, but for a moment, the blank expression on her sweat-covered face seemed to disappear. As a small, slightly torn piece of fabric lay just in front of her feet, I walked towards her, disregarding the approaching sounds of gunfire. The piece of fabric, covered in dust and dirt, was right beneath her cream-colored shoes, now turned black. As I picked up the fabric, my eyes turned to the girl, as she seemed oddly familiar, but I could not figure out where I knew her from.

The piece of fabric was long enough to reduce the girl's risk of bleeding to death. While my eyes were still fixed on the girl, moaning in pain, I weakly said, "I need you to remove your hands from your leg. The movement I am about to make will cause you a lot of pain, but you have to endure it. You must remain silent. Stay still. Do you understand?" I uttered the sentences one after another, fearing that she would not understand me.

With her tear-filled light gray eyes, she looked at me and nodded her head up and down, indicating that she understood. She managed to remove her blood-soaked hands from her leg. Carefully, I passed the piece of fabric underneath her leg. To do this, I had to lift her leg slightly, and during the process, I never took my eyes off her tightly closed ones. "Now, I will ask you to hold the ends of the fabric. I need to remove the glass, and I cannot do it without your help. It will hurt, but you must be patient."