Chapter 3: A Bento and A Breakup

Thanks to Watanabe's delicate care, you were feeling much better by the end of the day and the next day you were able to go to school.

"Soooo....are you the only one, or do all guys like the mega sweet mommy types? Like I could see how happy you were yesterday when I was taking care of you." Watanabe asked you over breakfast in the morning, food that she had prepared of course.

"Huh? Where's this all coming from?" You asked as you were about to dive into the rice bowl she had given you.

"I wanna know what guys like chicks to do for them." She said.

"Well big shock inbound, but I'm not really an authority in chicks." You went to eat your food, but watched as the plate was being pulled away from you.

"What happened to doing everything you can to help? You're supposed to be helping me! And if I don't get answers, then all you're getting to eat is rice." She said while crossing her arms.

She then leant forward over the table to her closer to you.

"Just give it some proper thought please." She said.

"Alright, alright. Uhm...." You began to think and your eyes gravitated to the plate of food that had been set to the side for now.

"Guys like home cooked lunches!" You said.

"Huh? Really is that all it takes?" Watanabe asked.

"Yeah the way to a man's heart is through his stomach you know!" You said with a smile as Watanabe let out an intrigued 'oh'.

"It would be even better from you because no one would be expecting it!" You said to try and tease her a little, but immediately felt her grab your cheek and pinch it.

"You should be expecting my fist up your ass." She said before letting go of your cheek.

"Crazy but I think your plan may work! And you're gonna help me!" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Wait....I am?" You asked.

Yes, you were. And you did. You spent time with Watanabe in the kitchen cooking and tasting food that she had been cooking.

Though it wasn't actually too bad for you as it increased your score because you were spending time with each other. Also, it meant that you got to taste even more of Watanabe's delicious cooking.

So you couldn't complain about it at all.

Once she had finished preparing all the food, she laid it all out on the table for you to pick and choose from.

"Wow! You really put a lot of effort into all this! It looks so good!" You complimented.

"I know right? Hopefully we can pick something cute and delish for the bento!" She said as you nodded and used your chopsticks to pick up a piece of Tamagoyaki.

Placing it in your mouth, you began to chew and savour the taste of it.

"You like?" Watanabe asked, looking for your opinion.

"Mhm! It's really good! Thought I'd say that I prefer a little more sugar...." You said.

"Ugh....like I care about childish preferences! Minami is an ultra mature adult man! There is no way in putting sugar in his eggs!" She responded as you just sighed and shrugged your shoulders.

"Don't know why you ask for my opinion anyway." You said before getting back to eating.

"But don't the mini burgers and the ohitashi salad look bomb?!" She exclaimed, quickly shifting the focus.