Chapter 8: To The Fireworks!

The streets were fairly empty with everyone going to the firework festival. As you walked, Akari was busy on her phone, likely texting her friends about the plan they must have come up with to get her with Minami.

There was a lot riding on tonight and if it was done right, then everything would shift onto the next phase, no matter if you liked it or not.

"Hey Y/n?" Akari suddenly said, taking her eyes away from her phone to look at you.

"Hm? What's up?" You asked.

"Thanks for agreeing to come along! It...makes me feel better knowing you're here rather than stuck at home all by yourself." She said, a grin spreading across her face.

"After all, what kind of wife would I be if I let ya stew in your room? You need a healthy social life!" She said.

"You have a point. Guess I've never really been motivated to change my introverted ways." You replied.

"Well maybe it's a good thing you got put with me! I can help you come out of your shell more!" She said, her voice filled with pride.

"Aren't you gonna be too busy with Minami?" You asked.

"I can still make time for you, duh! Besides, Minami isn't going to show up right away! There's gonna be some more guys at the festival tonight, so I'll introduce you to them! See how you get along!" She said.

"And plus my friends will be super duper nice, I promise! Just don't get on their bad side, 'Kay?" She mentioned.

You nodded to acknowledge what she said which was more than enough for her. With a smile, she turned back to her phone and resumed texting.

Very soon, the two of you arrived at the entrance to the festival. There were a lot of people hanging around, chatting with each other. As you walked in, you heard Akari's name being called.

Looking up, Natsumi and Sachi were waving at you both from just up the path. The two of you walked up to them where Akari was greeted with a hug from Natsumi.

"Wow girl!!! You look absolutely amazing!!!" She said with stars in her eyes.

Natsumi was also wearing a yukata while Sachi was wearing a brown off the shoulder crop top and a pair of white skinny jeans.

"Thanks! I put maximum effort into my get up as per!" Akari said.

"Y/n also helped with the obi!" Akari continued as Akari's friends looked to you.

"Wow! The obi looks great as well! This is some good handiwork!" Sachi said as Natsumi nodded in agreement.

"Ah...th-thanks Takamiya-San." You said, feeling a little awkward with Akari having kind of put you on the spot.

"Hey, you can just call me Sachi. If Akari is calling you Y/n, that must mean the two of you get along well!" Sachi said, her smile widening.

"Yeah! Any friend of Akari's is a friend of ours!!" Natsumi said, leaping from Akari to you, patting you gently on the head.

"A-Ahah...cool!" You said, relieved that this was all going really well so far.

"Oh! Akari, everyone knows the sitch, so once Minami arrives we'll all get out of the way so you both can be alone!" Sachi said with a beaming grin which made Akari beam too.

"Awesome! You guys really are the best! I spent so much time on my hair and makeup so that tonight is perfect!!" Akari said, squealing as she thought about how the night could go.

Though when she looked down at what she was wearing, she paused for a few moments, her hands slowly making their way to the obi sash around her waist.

"And the finishing touches...applied by Y/n. He's the one that helped piece it all together after all. Without his help, I never would've got the obi around my waist." She thought, her eyes glancing over at you, who still had Natsumi clinging to you, asking all sorts of questions.