Chapter 7

*Mark's POV*

It was like any other day. We were all in the practice room, warming up. All that is, except for Jeno. No matter how many times the choreographer told him to, he wouldn't participate. We ended up continuing without him. Everything was fine, then in the middle of practice, I heard a voice behind me that turned the whole room silent. 0-0

I spun around, and saw Jeno standing up, taking Ri Gi out of the room. "I need to talk to you, privately." He said, irritated, taking Ri Gi out and slamming the door behind him. It was my first time to see Jeno this frustrated, much less towards Ri Gi. She never did anything to somebody this fustrated, much less Jeno or any idol. The room was still dead silent. Suddenly, my feet took control, and I ran right after them.

I followed them all the way to the rooftop. I tried to get as close as possible, to see if I could hear a word or two. I fell behind following them, so they were probably already talking for a while. I stood by the door, listening carefully. "There, I said it!" Were the first words I heard from Jeno. What were they talking about? I paid closer attention. While hearing more, I made out three words of their conversation. Three words that shattered my heart.

"I like you." Jeno said. I like you. The three words he beat me to. The three words that my heart had been aching to say since I've been close to Ri Gi. That's because... I like her too. Somehow, Ri Gi had managed to become the closest to me than any other rookie, including Jeno. It's such a great privilege to call her my best friend. We laughed and smiled together, and everything in between. And before I knew it, I had this weird feeling in my chest at just the thought of her. It drove me crazy, so I went to talk to Taeyong hyung. After explaining everything, he told me that the feeling, was love. Love. Something completely new for me.

I wanted to tell Ri Gi about how I liked her, but I couldn't. So many opportunities and I just stood there like a coward. And because of that, I was beaten to say those three words. So now all I can do is watch. I knew that it was no use to say anything, because I know that Ri Gi feels the same toward Jeno. I've seen her actions, emotions, etc. whenever she was near Jeno. They were the same symptoms (A/N: SHINee reference :3) I had near her. It was clearly love. I looked at them through the rooftop door. She was frozen, her usual shy self. ^-^ She suddenly turned her head my direction. Shocked, I hid behind the door. I took a deep breath, hoping she didn't see me. I started to slowly walk down the stairs.

"Mark!" I heard a voice behind me. I froze. Quickly, I turned around and saw Ri Gi standing by the door, Jeno right behind her. Embarrassed, I slowly went back up the stairs. "I... I need to talk to you!" Ri Gi basically shouted, grabbing my wrist. Slightly flinching, I looked at her. She was turned towards Jeno. Then she rushed down the stairs, still holding my wrist. Looking back, I saw Jeno, frozen.

(A/N: A NEW CHAPTER!! *dance* Sorry for the story being all over the place, I'm writing it as I go. Thanks for reading, you can support the story if you please! :D Saranghae <3)