Chapter 9

*Jeno POV*

   My entire world crumbled. The only girl I have ever loved is in the arms of my best friend?! I didn't know these were her true feelings. But I wasn't surprised. I was so stupid to think that she actually liked me back. I was holding back tears. Shocked at everything, I ran away. I hopped down the steps, and let my feet take over. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care. I wanted to be anywhere but there. I heard Ri Gi screaming my name multiple times behind me. I ignored her. My heart was bruised and filled with anger. My emotions were everywhere, I didn't know what I was feeling.  A tear rolled down my eye as I was running. "Confessing to her was a mistake." I whispered to myself, still trying to hold back tears.

   I ran for a while, and before I knew it, I was at the Han River. A beautiful place that only reminded me of Mark and Ri Gi. I sat on the bench, and broke. Tears rolled down my face uncontrollably. I was sobbing, hard. Luckily no one was there. I buried my face into my hands, letting my emotions spill out. The sight of them together kept playing through my head like an endless movie, which only made my sobbing harder. I knew from the beginning that I would get hurt if I confessed to her. But I took that risk because I love her and now look where that brought me.

   I eventually stopped crying, and looked at the setting sun. It distracted me from all my pain for a second. I was about too drift off on the bench, when I heard a voice. "Jeno!" It called. I turned around to see Ri Gi. I slowly stood up, and walked over to her. I studied her face when I got close to her. There were clear signs that she was crying. Her eyes bloated and face bright red. I felt bad to see her in this pitiful state. She just slightly smiled. "There you are." She said. I didn't know what to say. So instead, I took her into a hug. I could tell she was shocked at first, but eventually gave into my embrace. I broke the hug and looked into her eyes, deeply. I lightly touched her cheek with my hand. 

   "Promise me," I started, "that you will only look at me from know on." She was frozen at my words. She tried looking at the floor but I brought her face back up. I looked into her eyes, waiting for an answer. She looked back at me, slowly nodding her head. I slightly smiled, pulling her into another embrace.

   (A/N: New update, hope you enjoyed it ^w^. Saranghae <3)