Chapter 1

As school began, the lingering joy of a great summer with friends turned into a sense of melancholy. Seeking solace in music, I played my sad Spotify playlist.

Interrupted by the sound of something hitting my window, I paused to find my best friend Trevor outside. Despite the big ass secure fence surrounding the house, Trevor's knack for finding his way in was undeniable.

Trevor appeared outside my window, and as I opened it to let him in, he hugged me tightly, exclaiming how much he had missed me. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." He murmured in my hair.

During my vacation with friends, I hadn't seen Trevor for a whole month since we didn't share the same friend group.

"I brought you some gifts to start this year correctly." He opened his backpack, making things fall on my desk. "I brought you cocaine, vodka, Heroin, depressants and regular weed. " he explained as he arranged it all on my desk.

Trev and I had started doing drugs at 14 during a party. Although I had been clean for a month, with school starting tomorrow, it seemed I might give in again.

"Regular weed? Seriously Trev? How is regular weed gonna satisfy me?" I asked, clearly disappointed by his poor choice.

He rolled his eyes and explained, "My usual dealer went on vacation, and since everyone bought from him before he left, he was out of stock. Fortunately, he had some drugs left – the regular weed. But that'll do it. Don't worry."

"So how was your summer break without me? Oh, and how's it going with Eve?" I asked him as I smoked. Eve was his girlfriend, and she had a positive influence on him, which I appreciated. They had been dating for about a year at the time and I was happy to see Trev so in love with someone.

"Ugh I messed up Tai. I messed up real bad." He said, looking everywhere but at me. " Eve broke up with me and I-"

"What?" I was taken aback. The news of Eve breaking up with Trev hit me like a ton of bricks. They seemed inseparable, and I couldn't fathom what could have gone so wrong between them.

"What did you do?" I asked, my raised eyebrow reflecting both curiosity and concern. Trev sighed, the weight of his actions evident in his somber expression.

"I was at David's party. Eve and I had a fight before that, and I needed a distraction. At the party, I saw this girl who told me she missed me and forgave me for cheating. Before I knew it, we were upstairs, undressed, and boom, we were having sex," he admitted, his eyes avoiding mine. The revelation left me speechless; Trev's actions had consequences that unfolded in a painful breakup.

"Someone must've told Eve I was at David's, and when she walked upstairs, she saw us," Trev continued, remorse evident in his voice. "I swear, Tai, I've never seen Eve so hurt. It literally broke me. I tried running after her, but I was naked, and she was already gone." He explained as he took a sip out of the vodka bottle.

"Do you want my opinion?" I asked softly. Usually Trev needed to vent and nothing more so I would always ask before speaking to avoid making him feel worse. "I need to hear you right now." He muttered, reaching for the cigarette that was between my fingers.

I sighed, struggling to comprehend the depth of the situation. "Well, you messed up, Trev. What were you even thinking? I thought you loved Eve. I never thought you would do that again! And who was that girl?" My words carried a mix of disappointment and concern for both of them.

"You're not gonna like it, but it was Sana," Trev confessed, deepening the gravity of the situation with a name intertwined with betrayal. Sana was a girl Trev had already cheated on Eve with. They were together for two weeks before I discovered. He begged me not to tell Eve and I didn't. To be honest, I still don't feel like I should've.

"Trev, I wish I could hate you sometimes, but your dumbass is just too endearing. You better try to make it up to her," I concluded, unable to mask my disapproval. He gave me small smile before laying his head on my lap as I played with his hair.

Trevor was undeniably attractive, with captivating hazel eyes and jet-black hair that complemented his impressive height, standing at around 6ft1. His well-defined jawline framed a million-dollar smile, a sight reserved only for me. My affection for Trev ran deep; after all, he was my best friend.

—————————————

Before bedtime, I ventilated the room, picking up the scent of an hour's worth of music and smoke. Choosing my outfit for the upcoming school day, I settled on a casual, baggy black tracksuit with random shoes – no need to impress anyone, just comfort for the day ahead.

Late at night, I ventured outside my room, intending to use the bathroom, only to find the door locked. Past midnight, with only Zach and me as the usual occupants, the situation left me curious and slightly annoyed.

I knocked, and when Zach opened the bathroom door, he stood there in a grey towel, drops of water sliding from his black hair down to his chest. I'm not going to lie, he was built well.

He scowled at me as he caught my disgusted expression while looking down at him. Despite his admirable physique, I was tired and definitely not in the mood to appreciate it.

"What do you want Tai?" he asked as if it wasn't obvious. I rolled my eyes at him. "Why would I need the bathroom? " Zach rolled his eyes, pushing me aside as he made his way to his room without uttering another word.

Rude.

"Goodnight to you too," I mumbled, frustrated by his indifferent attitude. "Whatever," he retorted before shutting his door. I headed to the bathroom, took a refreshing shower, brushed my teeth, and returned to my room, yearning for some much-needed sleep.

 I headed to the bathroom, took a refreshing shower, brushed my teeth, and returned to my room, yearning for some much-needed sleep

(Tai's bedroom)

This was the first chapter. I hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote!