Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of wheels screeching. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was in the driveway of my house. I stretched my arms and yawned before sitting up. I looked to my left and saw Zach unbuckling his seatbelt. He looked at me before doing the same for my seatbelt. "How was your sleep big head?" I fucking hated that nickname. My head wasn't even big. Was it?

"Hey I didn't tell you before but there'll be a party tomorrow if we win the game. It'll be at Jay's house. You coming?" It was weird that Jay didn't tell me about the party before. I felt disappointed.

"What's wrong?" He said shifting in his seat to turn to me. I did the same before speaking up. "Jay never told me about the party..." I said quietly.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "At least you heard it from me. Plus, I told you Jay was shit."

"Him not telling me doesn't make him a shitty boyfriend Zach." I said opening the car door. I looked around and noticed my dad's car. He was finally back. I hadn't seen him in a week. He often went on business trips but they were never that long.

I advanced to the front door with Zach walking behind me.

"You can't just leave whenever you feel like it Tayron! You got a damn family to look out for! I can't keep lying to your daughter about why her daddy is always suddenly gone. You have to tell her the truth or I will." Cynthia's angry voice fumed.

"You know damn well I can't do that. It'll crush her. She's not ready. Look I'm just asking you to keep it down a little longer." My dad emphasised.

Zach and I looked at each other with a confused expression on our faces. Needless to say that we kept eavesdropping. What was there that my father had to stop lying about?

"What about you huh? Aren't you keeping secrets from your son too?" My dad added. Zach's forehead creased in confusion and his jaw clenched.

"Deja de intentar cambiar la situacíon Tayron. No puedo creerte!" Fuck why didn't I understand Spanish? Zach sighed heavily and stomped up the stairs which caught my dad's and Cynthia's attention. I gave them an innocent look and followed Zach upstairs.
(Translation: Stop trying to change the situation Tayron. I can't believe you.)

He opened the door to his bedroom and left it open. I debated on whether I should go in or not. He poked his head and looked at me. "You coming in or what?" He said grumpily. I don't think I ever really saw his room. I moved slowly, almost hesitantly toward his room.

I expected his room to be messy and filled with used condoms but I was surprised by the look of it. His room had a pretty dark aesthetic and it was really cozy. I didn't see any football references though.

(Zach's room)

(Zach's room)

He jumped on his bed while I lurked around his room. His room was clean and it smelled like him. It had a woody but aromatic smell. I smiled as I walked around. He sat up on his elbows and looked at me weirdly. "Why are you acting like a tourist? It's not the first time you come into my room. Get your ass here." He pointed to his face.