Chapter 47

After a silent drive that seemed to have lasted ages, Zach opened the door to his apartment

After a silent drive that seemed to have lasted ages, Zach opened the door to his apartment. He held it open for me and I walked in, inhaling his scent that danced around the room.

It looked exactly like the last time I was here. The leather couches, the clean counter, the small decorations here and there...

I walked in the living room, throwing myself on the couch. He joined me and sat next to me. Neither one of us said something for a while before he decided to break the silence.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?"

I turned to him and shifted a little so I was sitting on his lap. He instantly wrapped his arms around my waist and looked deeply into my eyes.

"It's just my dad. He has a new chick and I don't know...I thought that we were gonna help each other to get over all of...this but I guess not." I responded, clearly not wanting to continue this conversation.

"Didn't you do the same?"

I retrieved my arms from his neck and looked at him weirdly. He sighed and stroked my cheek soothingly.

"He's wrong for bringing a random woman in his house, alright. Maybe that's his way of coping with the pain, you were always with Trevor. I think he saw how happy you were when he was around so now, he's just trying to be happy too." He trailed off.

His statement was somehow making sense. It's true that I wasn't always there for my dad because I was with Trev and then with Zach. I understood why he said that I wasn't enough, it was because I left him behind without realising it.

"You're right...I'm a terrible daughter." I said burying my face in my hands. I felt miserable for my dad. Whenever I had nightmares he would always help me and even though I took care of him everyday, I couldn't fill the gap that my mom left in his heart.

He kissed my hands and pulled them away from my face. "Don't say that. You've both been through traumatic events, you just found people to help you get through that and so did he, in another way. Maybe...staying around your father and him staying around you, reminded you too much of Vicky and that's why you both needed someone else." He finished.

I was very impressed by how wise he sounded whenever he tried to cheer me up. He knew exactly what to say. It was so nice to have him around again.

"I really don't know what I would've done without you." He smiled and crashed his lips on mine.

What first started as an innocent kiss, turned into a heated make out session.