Chapter 13.- Love's Burden

~Loui's POV~

Louis had loved Camille from the moment he met her, When she extended her kind hand and helped him stand up. From that day on, she became the light of his eyes, the air he breathed, and his heartbeat.

He would do anything to be by her side. To stay by her side. She was his joy but also his sorrow.

His heart was broken when she left for Scotland in the fifth year. He wrote a letter to her every day, telling her everything that was going on at home and how much he wished she was there.

They had kissed once. After her return from Scotland he had found her crying and hugging her knees in a corner of her room, there was no one around. He kneeled right next to her, embracing her and when he looked into her eyes there was nothing more than sadness and melancholy.

He wanted to comfort her... So he kissed her. It was a soft and tender kiss, fueled by the desire to console his beloved. She seemed surprised but didn't reject him, in the moment, It seemed to have calmed her and her sobbing stopped.

It wasn't a romantic kiss no matter how much he wanted it to be, he knew it wasn't. It was to comfort her, to let her know he was there and that he would remain there until she would have him. No matter how long it took, he would remain there, waiting...

They just embraced each other after that, not a word was spoken for several moments.
After she was more calm they discussed it, she thanked him for being there but made it clear that they were to remain friends. He understood and while his heart was bruised, he was grateful he could still be close to her, maybe closer than anyone.

Until one day, maybe... she would see him with different eyes... and he will be there, ready, heart on hand for her. 

He held her while she sobbed for many nights to come, she would cling to him until she fell asleep.

They never kissed again, but he Treasured that kiss, that moment... it was his.
And though the kiss bore a salty taste, he remembers it sweet. The lips of his beloved, the sweetest of them all.
Even if it wasn't the romantic kiss he'd desired, it was still fueled by love... Driven by the need to comfort his beloved, It was full of devotion... so he treasured it, thought about it often, and Kept it close to his heart, just like he kept her inside of it.

---------------------------------------------------------
2 weeks till the Yule ball

Louis stepped out of his carriage, into the streets of wizarding Paris.
The air carried the sweet smell of freshly baked pastries and smoky coffee grains. Louis smiled, remembering the days Camille, Jeanne, and he would stroll through these very streets, arms interlocked, and rejoicing on such marvelous times spent together.

"Soon" he thought, they will all be home soon enough and everything will go back to normal.

He's been gone for 2 weeks now, away from his heart...

He passed the various establishments across the main street, flowing through them with one destiny in mind.

He stood at the entrance of the French subdivision of Grinngotts Bank.
He walked confidently, removing his hat upon entering. His steps echoed through the marble floors until he reached one of the stands. The goblin took a few seconds to look up, but when he did, his eyes opened up in surprise

"Bonjour" Louis tilted his head slightly in a half bow

"Monsieur Duval!, We were not expecting you today" The goblin cleared his throat "If you would have let us know, we would have been ready for you" The goblin scoured through the papers on his desk