Chapter Four: The Rain

After a long week of sketching, erasing, painting, coloring, and stressing, I finally had my five new pieces of art. The only thing left to do was my big piece. I needed good inspiration. Something that envokes emotion in myself. I needed to go out into the world and search. I grabbed my sage green trench coat, for it was getting pretty chilly outside and headed out onto my road to get to the bus stop and into the city.
     It was my last day I needed something. Something big. I got on the bus again, showing the driver my subscription as per usual, then took my normal stance. I decided it'd be best to go to the park. There's all sorts of things happening there, and then I'd go to the coffee shop before heading home.
     I felt it. The tingle. I was on the bus and had to be careful so as not to be too suspicious. The last thing I wanted was someone having a problem with my staring. I sat in an empty seat and began to look around secretly. I found myself staring at a man with his back turned to me, reading a book as he stood. I blushed as I realized he was the inspiration I felt.
     He had an incredible physique that I had to study. An incredibly broad shoulders that stretched into an immaculately wide back. It tapered off into a thin waist. His physique was simple and mostly unattainable but highly attractive. I quickly began to sketch it out before the bus made my stop.
     As the bus had made its stop on the opposite stretch of the road by the park, I quickly closed my pad to hurriedly got out of the vehicle. I walked to the crosswalk, nearest to me, and awaited for the signal to cross. Soon, it turned green, ushering my legs to move across, and I obeyed. Soon, I found myself sitting on a bench as I surveyed the park. The air was fresh with a slight smell of oceanic air as it had been located close to the shore. I decided to just sketch a couple of things that caught had my eyes; parents playing with their children near the water fountain, graffiti on a brickwall, a lonely trashcan with litter scattered around it, and a few other things that I found frivilous and slightly of emotion. Nothing of true interest, that was until I saw a kid with an outstretched arm towards a street dog.
     Quickly sketching the likeness, I soon found my view obscured by a woman. "Hey, are you drawing my kid?!" Shocked, I looked up to meet her gaze. "I-I am so sorry! It was a tender moment I wanted to capture." The wolf-like women scrunched her nose and brows at me, beginning to growl, "Capture moments elsewhere and get your creepy ass out of here!" Immediately, I closed my things, not wanting to cause a scene. Not everyone understood art. Especially those of the older generations, so usually I immediately just back down and go about my way. Until I heard another voicing opinion.
     He was a Minotaur; he had been dressed in all black, adorned in silver chains and spikes, and had multiple piercings adorning his horns septum and brow. "She's just doing art. There's no harm to the child at all. I understand you not wanting someone to stare at your child, but you can at least ask nicely for her to stop instead of jumping right into being confrontational." Immediately, the woman's scowl turned into embarrassment, "No one even asked you." She said before turning to walk to her child, ushering him away. I then began to speak, " Thank you, sir. It really wasn't a bother, though. I was gonna leave.."
     He smirked at me before giving me a cheesy thumbs up. "Hey, man. Art is subjective. Everyone loves it. They just all have different taste and opinions on it! Keep on with your work! It looks super nice!" I smiled at him, happy he were there to help me out in my own partial embarrassment. "Hey, weird question.." He looked at me quizzically. "Yeah? What's up?" I smiled, "Would you mind if I did a rather large art piece on you and placed you in the rain?" He smiled widely, "If I can get a free copy, then absolutely!"