Chapter 12

Rose's pov

The dinner was silent except for the part when David bombarded me with his question of whether I'm feeling good, or any pain or having any difficulty in breathing.

Honestly I don't remember when was the last time somebody cared about me that much, i can't help but feel guilty. My fork twisted the spaghetti. I looked at the dinner table, Jungkook was sitting at the head of the table peaceful eating his dinner, but for some stupid reason I felt some stupid butterflies in my stomach Whenever I looked at him. I shook my head. This was the perfect time for telling them the truth. David and Elijah stood behind Jungkook looking at the ground but I can feel them looking at me time to time. I clenched my tshirt harder and cleared my throat.

It's okay, it's now or never.

"I want to tell you guys something" i said and all the three pair of head turned to me giving me there undivided attention making me turn pink under their gaze.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes "I'm Rayn's sister" i blurted out and was met with pure silence. 2 min passed and it was still silent so i slowly opened my eyes, only to find them looking at me with a blank unreadable expression.

"I am his sister, i know it's hard to believe given the world no nothing about the daughter of Cortés. The Mexican did their best to keep me hidden. My mom, hernan Cortés was the Donna of the Mexican mafia and when she died my brother,Rayn took over" As i said those words, a look of betrayl crossed their face and it hitted me in the guts. I looked down at my fingers, which lay on my lap and bit my lips.

"I grew up in a basement for as long as I can remember. My mom didn't wanted me saying it was a curse to have a girl child in the mafia, despite the fact she was a woman herself. Anyways, she kept me locked in the basement, refused to feed me or let me meet other people" i said and they all listened to me carefully. I paused before continuing

"Rayn wasn't always like this, he used to love me along with dad, they both used to sneak some food and blankets for me, Rayn even sneaked me to his room when mom was away for the mission. But one day mom caught him and beat him to the point he was hospitalized for ten days. She banned anyone from entering the basement except for her"

"Except for one day she came and said I can be a use to her, she wanted me to be a hacker, a best one. So she hired someone for teaching me and like a little naive girl i wasn't interested in it, i didn't wanted it. I was 7 year old how can I even understand such things but she would beat me until I learned algorithms, everyday she would beat me until i learned the programing language.
Something changed in between, Rayn didn't sneaked in like he used to, he didn't bring me food like he used to, his gaze changed I can feel that but i chose to ignore that
I was 11 when I hacked into a big system, i thought finally she will love me but I was wrong"

"My mom died when I was 12, Rayn was 17 so he took over, i thought finally I will have the freedom but I was wrong again. Rayn kept me locked too. He knew dad would sneak so he sent him away, where i don't know. until one day on his 18th birthday he came in, he hugged me and cried, he cried for hours that day, saying how sorry he was, saying how he wanted to apologise saying how he wanted to fix everything and like the little girl I was I fell for it, Everything changed that day, Rayn gave me a room, he decorated it himself, he gave me food, he brought me clothes, he treated me like a princess. My life was going smoothly like I have dreamed. Rayn would always take me out, bringing me everything I asked for" a small smile made its way to my lips when I remembered those times, Rayn used to be a good brother, this power made him like that, but as soon as the smile came it went away.