Love's Adventure

Chapter Eight:

As the sun was shining, and the birds were singing, I looked out my bedroom window and saw a little crow limping across the dirt.  I wrinkled my eyebrow and got up to get a better view of the poor thing.  just as soon as I had seen it,  it jumped into the air and flew off to an unknown destination.  Looking down again, i saw Alejandro walking towards the front door.

Suddenly, he stopped walking.  He looked up and turned his head in my general direction.  I let my cheek rest in the palm of my hand, and placed my elbow on the windowsill.  Once his eyes caught my own, he grinned widely.  I managed to give him a small smile, but that was all the encouragement he needed to run to the door.

Rolling my eyes, I jumped back on my bed, waiting for him to come to my room.  No sooner had I done so, that my door flew open and Alejandro came running in.  I gasped as he jumped on my stomach, then rolled off to the floor.  "That was dramatic."  I remarked as a flustered boy looked up at me from the carpeted floor.  I smiled again, causing him to kiss me.

Somehow, the kiss grew in excitement, and I was being pinned to the bed as his lips caressed my neck, sending shivers throughout my body.  A small moan escaped my lips as he sucked on the soft part of my neck, but I pushed him away before anything could really get heated and regret would be a follow-up. 

"I think that's enough for today."  I said to him as he tried to kiss me again.  Chuckling, I jumped up from my bed and got some books off of my dresser.  He looked at me, then at the books, then back at me.  "Um, these are some travel books."  His eyebrow went up.  I started to pace up and down my room, wanting to break the surprise news that I had barely gotten two hours ago.

He got up and gently took my elbow.  "What's wrong?" 

Taking a deep breath, and then slowly let it out.  "We're going to Florida for the rest of the summer."  His eyes widened further as I told him that we might move there too.  "It all depends on whether my mother likes it or not."  Sighing, I sat down on the floor, Alejandro following suit.

"I'm gonna miss you.  I hope a long dist-"  He stopped suddenly, then jumped up, grabbing my wrist and dragging me up.  "What am I talking about?  I'm coming with you guys!"   I shook my head at his absurdity.

"We're not paying for you, idiot."  He gave me a duh look.  "And anyway," I began, "we will be gone for awhile.  Even through school here."  Daring a look at his face, I saw a carefully guarded expression, then he burst out.  I gasped as he threw his arms around me, hugging me close.

Resting my head on his shoulder, and leaning in closer, I took in a deep breath.  "I'm still coming with you guys."  I brought my face to his, gazing into his eyes.  "I love you."

Smiling, I hugged him closer.  "I love you, too."