after the letter?

Alice.

She's the one that's been there for me and Elena for a while. She doesn't mind that I have Elena to take care of because she's there to take care of her as well.

Alice told me a few months ago that she liked me and I didn't know what to say. Once again, I wasn't sure how to react. I sat there quietly and stared at the floor, and she stared at me. Shortly after she told me that it was okay. That I shouldn't feel bad for not knowing what to do. She told me that Ana had some very big shoes to fill and that if I gave her the chance she would try.

But I just sat there and tried to hold myself together. I've never really been good with confessions ever. The only thing I can do is sit there and take it in until I can finally think again.

After Alice told me her feelings we sort of split off until now. I called her and told her to meet me at the house because Elena was at her grandmother's for the day. Alice agreed to come so here I am next to her on the couch sitting quietly again.

"Michael its okay if-,"

"No Alice I have something to say just give me a second to get it all together, please?" I asked as she crossed her legs and nodded.

"Whenever you're ready," she smiled.

"I'm afraid to move on. And you're going to try and comfort me and tell me that everything is okay because that's just who you are. But you're comfort won't completely make me fearless. You help me a lot. And I want to thank you for that. But everyday when I wake up Ana is always in the back of my head. I woke up next to her for years and she went away just as fast. Its crazy how fast things change. But just because she's gone doesn't mean her memory is. She's always going to be in my heart, Alice. I'll never be able to forget her."

"Michael I know you won't be able to forget her. Its fine. Some things you can't forget, and your first love is usually one of those things. It'll be hard but I'm willing to try and make it happen for you and Elena."

"Its just so hard and I'm so afraid that she won't want me to move on."

"Ana would want you happy. That's all anyone wants, Michael. The people you love want you to be happy."

"I like you, too, you know."

"What a relief," she smiled.

"Yeah it's nice to finally say that to you," I sighed in relief.

"Michael can I tell you something?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, go for it."

"Its okay to be afraid, but it'll never be the same. I want you to know that I might not be able to make you feel the exact same way she did, but I will try so damn hard to make you happy. I'll try so hard to make sure you feel the best you can feel. But it won't be the same."

"It won't be the same but we'll feel the same way for each other. And that's good enough for me. Just promise me something, yeah?"

"Of course," she nodded.

"Promise me that you'll always say something to me when something wrong."

"I promise, why wouldn't I?"

"Because sometimes people think that holding back will make everyone happier but in the end the people who talk things through are the ones that get there happily ever afters. And I wouldn't mind if I had one with you." I smiled and leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers.