Roar - Rolling on You

I patiently awaited my dear friend Car. He was different from most vehicles I have ever been associated with. Countless cars monotonously pounded their tires upon me, but it was nothing compared to how I felt when Car came.

Car was sleek and dark. He was one of the latest models. I loved him so, for I knew he was to be the one.

Eventually, after hours of wait, I saw my love approaching. Instead of seeing his usual driver, I noticed someone new. Her name was Linda Parks. She was ever so beautiful, for a mortal at least.

Although I was just a simple road, I felt true envy for the first time in my life. My thoughts combined and were scattered. Why ever would Car torture me so?

My thoughts, all jumbled, formed a speed bump. Linda was distractedly driving and did not notice said speed bump. My precious Car sped out into a tree, damaging the headlights. What I didn't seem to observe was pretty little Linda, sprawled on the ground. Out of sheer stupidity, she had forgotten a buckle and had crashed through the windshield. Her limbs were twisted in unusual directions, but it wasn't my business about which ways her fingers, for example, went.

Car, instead of helping the nearly dead woman, sped to me. He apologized, and there we stayed for ages, talking.

Later, we found out that Linda had been rescued by a wonderful mortal living in a house near the tree. They got married years later. Me and Car's wedding was the same day as there's, but when we saw each other, I didn't bring up the "accident." We all lived happily ever after in our beautiful city of Detroit.