Chapter 2 - Cassie

(Cassie POV)

"I'm Cassie." I say, looking at the child in front of me. "Now who are you and where are your parents?"

They gave me a sheepish look as I waited for a reply. "I'm Y/N and my Dads at work." They simply say. I raise a brow "what about your mom?" They looked away at that, must be a sensitive topic. "Nevermind how did you get here there's only roads and forest here?"

"I walked out of the forest, there's a neighborhood behind there." Well that... makes some sense. "So why are you here? No one comes here now." They ask looking at me with almost dead eyes.

Creepy

"Why should I tell you? It's none of your business." They gave me a pouting face as I said that. "Well I told my reason it would only be fair for you to do so as well." I sigh at that. Their right, it's only fair.

"Ok fine." I crossed my arms and closed my eyes. "I got a message from a friend saying that they're trapped inside the ruined Pizzaplex and I came to rescue him."

Opening my eyes I expected them to not believe believe me but instead they seemed very deep in thought. "Who is this friend and if they can call you why don't they call the cops instead?" Well it looks like they believe me, honestly if someone said what I said to me I wouldn't believe it but this kid is either very smart or very naïve.

"Um, his name is Gregory and I don't know why he call me instead of the police." I said, earning a surprised look on their face.

"Sorry, did you say Gregory!?"

(Y/N POV)

Did she say Gregory!? But... he's at home, he hasn't been here since we left. Heck he wouldn't step foot here without us around. Last he and I where here were when we found Michael and Evan on the NEWS.

"Um yeah. Do you know him too?" I snap out of my thoughts as she spoke. "Uh yeah I did, we were friends before I left this place." I lied. I mean, its partially true, we're siblings now instead of friends.

"Then, did you get the same message?!" "I- yeah. I did I don't want to tell you the whole truth but if we have the same goal then we could work together." I hate lying to others, even if it's to protect others from the truth.

"But why did he message you? I mean, no offense but you look 8." I gave her a deadpanned face as she said that. "Cassie I'm 11." They blinked. Once. Twice. "Wait what?"

I crossed my arms. "I'm 11." "But you're so, small." She said sheepishly. My mouth hung open at that. "I'm not that short." "Sorry." She apologized. They blinked. "But still you shouldn't have to do this, I don't want you hurt even though we just met."

I mean, she's not wrong but still. I pouted and kept my arms crossed. "Still want to help, he's my friend. And as friends we help each other" I "looked" down and to the side. 'Even if they are annoying.'

I "look" back up at her as I heard her sigh. "I get the feeling that you'd still go." Cassie took a deep breath. "So, how about we both come back here at this time and go in together."