Yours Truly (Twilight Saga)

May 17th 1612

My Dearest Charlotte,

I trust this letter finds you in the best of health and spirits. How I long for the days when we could converse face to face, but alas, the distance between us seems insurmountable at times. Nevertheless, I shall endeavour to capture the essence of our daily lives in these humble lines, and pray they find a place in your heart.

Our little village remains much the same, with its thatched cottages and winding lanes, where the gentle meandering of time is as certain as the setting sun. The verdant fields stretch before our windows, adorned with wildflowers of every hue, and the birds serenade us with their sweet melodies each morn. Mother's garden flourishes, as ever, and I find refuge among the roses, as I remember the days when we would frolic there, weaving daisy chains for our hair.

Father's health, I am sad to report, has not seen much improvement. His rheumatism torments him relentlessly, and I fear that age is finally catching up with our dear father. He finds peace in his books, as always, and often retires to his study. Sometimes I fear knocking on the door, for I might find him lost in his sleep.

Little Sophie has grown quite a bit since your departure, my dearest sister. Her laughter fills the house with joy, and I cannot help but think that she possesses the same spark of mischief that you had at her age. She takes great delight in her daily lessons, though I must admit that I struggle to keep up with her ever-growing curiosity.

As for myself, I have joined a small sewing circle, and the ladies gather once a week to exchange stories, patterns, and the latest news from the county. The village gossip is as relentless as ever, and I often have to remind myself to take their words with a grain of salt. But it is a small reprieve from the monotony of our days.

I ache to hear of your adventures in the city. I can only imagine the grandeur and excitement that you must experience. Do tell me of the people you have met, the places you have seen, and the marvels of the age. I long to read your words, to hear your voice again, dearest sister.

Please convey my deepest affection to your husband and children. I pray that they are in the best of health and happiness.

And Charlotte, know that not a day passes when you are not in my thoughts and prayers. I yearn for the day when we can be reunited when the miles that separate us shall be no more than a mere inconvenience.

Until then, my dearest sister, please accept my fondest wishes and everlasting love. I remain, as ever,

Yours Truly,
Nessa

October 12th 1615

My Dearest Charlotte,

It has been far too long since my quill has touched paper to convey the happenings in our humble village. My heart is heavy with sorrow, and my hand trembles as I put these words to parchment, for the world we once knew has been plunged into a dark abyss.

The years have been unkind to us, dearest sister, and the happy village we called home has become a place of unimaginable despair. A terrible plague has descended upon us, one so vile and merciless that it defies description. Women, children, and men lie in the streets, their pale faces contorted in agony, their eyes haunted by ghostly tales of monsters that roam the grounds after nightfall.

These monsters, Charlotte, are no mere figments of fevered minds. The villagers speak of shadowy creatures that prowl beneath the moon's cold gaze, their eyes aglow with malevolence. They are said to wear dark cloaks that billow in the wind like the wings of some unholy spectre. The tales grow more gruesome by the day, and the fear that grips our village is overwhelming.