Part 1: Master Trule

I am 18 year old Addison Coles and I am a jedi in training. My master is Master Trule and we train every day for 13 hours to ensure my place as best at the academy in training.  Arguably from the sheer volume of training I do on a daily basis, I am the best, but a close contender is Obi Wan Kenobi, age 19, who also trains long hours.  I am expected to run a marathon every day and spend an hour meditating among other activities. Exams are coming up were each padawan will be monitored for progress to see who is ready for the mission phase of training or becoming a full-fledged jedi. Master always said if I didn't win he wouldn't be happy... so I want to do my best for him and myself.

One morning~

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm sounds out that it is 4 a.m. I drag myself across my room into the cool shower and quickly hop out to get dressed. I throw on light tan pants with a sand colored tunic to match. I put on my utility belt with my light blue light saber as well as my dark brown binder. To top it all off I put on dark brown boots and decide to leave my dark brown cloak at home for the day. My auburn hair is braided down to the middle of my back before I run out the door to the mess hall.

At the mess hall, I get in the ration line behind a Mon Calamarian boy that is a deep shade of red. One of my friends, Daniel saunters in the mess hall with as much swagger as he can muster. He's a little big in the head but it can be quite amusing some times.

"Hey baby," he says arrogantly.

I give a small sigh "Daniel you know you shouldn't speak like that or someone might think we're more than friends.  But good morning to you nonetheless."

Daniel mutters something unrecognizable under his breath. "I'm just having a little fun.... don't need to act like my mom."

"Sorry Daniel but you know the rules.  I wouldn't have to act like your mom if you didn't act like you needed one."

"Yeah I knowww," he sighs getting bored of the subject.  After turning the gears in his head, he decides to switch subjects, "So how's training?"

I mentally shudder but control myself, "uh yeah good... everything is great. Why do you ask?" I say trying to be casual and avoid further discussion on my training because Master Trule would surely let me have it.  He requires that every exercise be top secret.

"It's great! I get called to the council this afternoon! I think they already watched me train and want to send me on a mission with Master Armar!" He exclaims excitedly unaware to the slightest spike of my nerves.

"Thats wonderful Danny!" I say with as much sincerity as I can muster.

Master Trule then walks into the room and gets to the rations line right behind Daniel but he doesn't notice.

"I know I wonder where my mission will be... I hope it's cool," Daniel says excitedly as we grab our breakfast plates of eggs, toast, and bacon.

"Be patient young one," Master Trule reminds Daniel before going to sit at a table alone. His small chastisement doesn't waver Daniel's excitement though.

"Your master is so strict, its no wonder you are too," he says with a teasing huff.

I sigh, "Danny, you have no idea."