Part 7: What?!

"Is this a test?"  I say scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion.

"A test it is not," Master Yoda says trying to convince me to break the rule.

"Master Yoda, attachments are forbidden and a child makes breaking that rule even worse!" I try to reason.

"A prophecy has come to light and set in motion you must. A child of two Jedi is needed and no one is more qualified than you." Master Yoda explains.

"Master Yoda what prophecy? And why me?" 

"Great darkness in the future I see.  A child of two Jedi as said in a prophecy will vanquish it and bring the darkness to an end it will." 

He is either delusional or crazy I swear.  This must be a punishment.

"But why me?" I plead.

"Because the best at clearing your emotions you are.  Act on emotions like others, you do not. Attachments are forbidden because to the dark side they may lead, but keep your emotions under control you can, so unlikely to fall to the dark side you are." Yoda elaborates.

"So because I don't let my emotions rule me as any jedi should, I have to have a child?" I sum up.

"Yes, a perfect choice you are.  And since weird circumstances for you there are, marry if you like your partner you may.  As a reward for your cooperation.  Your partner we have chosen." Master Yoda smiles.

"I assume this 'partner' can control their emotions too?" I say putting a hand on my hip skeptically.  Am I seriously in an arranged relationship?  This is supposed to be a royalty problem, not ever in a million years a jedi one.

"Not as well, but control he could.  Talk to him I will when we finish." Yoda says.

"Who is he?" I question.  This could be bad.

"Find out you shall in good time.  But remember, if you can't stand losing it stand having it you cannot."  Master Yoda says while opening the door to the corridor and motioning me out.

"I'll be sure to remember that." I say before walking out.

"Know you should, a partner mission you'll be assigned tomorrow." Yoda calls over his shoulder.

What have I gotten myself into?  Who is my partner against the code?  Could I really control my emotions while sharing a massive secret that may involve too much feeling?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, it's MalletStar123 and I just want to say THANK YOU!!!! I wasn't planning on doing a chapter today but did a short one anyway as a thank you for a 100+ reads! You are all amazing and made my day because you read my story and I'm not the best writer.