Chapter 1: A Revealed Path

It’s been 3 weeks since the defeat of Zero, and the unfortunate death of Axol. Everyone was at the castle doing their own thing. Smg4 was making memes, Boopkins was playing Yu-gi-oh with his Miku body pillow, Meggy was lifting weights, Luigi was meditating, Mario was inhaling a fifth plate of spaghetti, Saiko was listening to metal music, Tari was speedrunning Minecraft, and Bob was outside smoking weed.

As for Melony, she was in her bedroom drawing the final panels for the next book of Axol’s Two Piece manga. Despite typically being a heavy, constant sleeper, she’s been working day and night to practice her artistry skills to finish what Axol started. She adds a few more strokes, and at last, the book is finished.

“Finally, it’s finished.” Melony looked at her work with happiness, but soon that happiness turned into tears streaming down the melon girl’s face. She made sure to avoid getting tears on the book. She recalled the fun times she had with Axol, like the few times he got her a new bed. She still can’t believe that he liked her all this time, and she never realized until it was too late. They shared a kiss, only for him to be gone seconds later. Melony started sobbing as she recalled the moment. She missed him so much.

As everyone was relaxing in the castle, Meggy overheard the sobs coming from Melony’s room. She decided to go and check on her friend, make sure everything was alright. She knocked and opened the door, finding Melony sobbing with her head on the desk. “Melony, what’s wrong? I could hear you crying from the other room.” Meggy then saw the book lying by Melony, and immediately connected the dots. “Oh, it’s about Axol, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. How was I so oblivious?” Melony said through her tears. “Oblivious? To what?” Melony realized she never told them that she and Axol confessed to each other moments before he died. She explained this to Meggy, and she understood completely. Meggy never had a boyfriend herself, but she’s watched enough romance movies to understand this part. “I see. He finally got it out, huh? What’d you do when he confessed?”

“I… I told him I liked him too. Then, well, we kissed. And seconds later, he was gone.” Melony started crying again, in which Meggy gave her a hug to calm her down. Suddenly, Meggy remembered something. Something that could not only help Melony, but also help herself as well.

“Wait, Melony. I think I just remembered something.”  Melony looked up at her, a quizzical look on her face. “So, do you remember how I said that I saved Port Aurora from a criminal organization?” Melony almost giggled at that. Even on vacation, Meggy just can’t escape the action. “Well, I never told you what that organization wanted.”

“The boss wanted this object called the Phoenix Egg, which is something that only appears every 100 years. He wanted it so that he could get eternal life, but that’s not the only use for it. See, the boss ended up killing the friend I made over at Port Aurora, but because I got the egg back before he could use it… I brought my friend back to life.” Melony looked up in shock, which turned into tears of joy almost immediately. If Melony could get a hold of this egg…

“Wait, Meggy? Didn’t you say it only appears every 100 years? How are we supposed to get one?”

“That’s where I’m drawing a blank. Unless we find a way to travel through time, we might be out of luck.”

Melony looked discouraged. But suddenly, a voice came from behind them. “Guys, I think I can help.” They looked behind them to see Boopkins at the door. “Well, what is it?!” Melony asked ecstatically.

“There’s a girl from an anime called “Date A Live” who can travel through time with another person. Her name is Kurumi Tokisaki.” Meggy and Melony thought about this for a second. This could actually work! “Wait, you said she’s from an anime? How the hell are we supposed to find someone who doesn’t exist?” Meggy asked.

Melony’s face lit up when she remembered something. “...Inkweaver.”

“What was that, Melony?” Meggy asked.

“Inkweaver! I can just draw this Kurumi person with it, and she’ll come to life!” Melony high fived Meggy after she said this.

“Wait, if you bring Kurumi to life, can’t you just make it so Axol never dies in the first place?” Boopkins asked.

“There are too many movies that show how messing with the past has dangerous consequences. Especially when it’s about changing someone’s death.” Meggy answered.

“Okay, good point.”

“Boopkins, go get me a picture of this Kurumi person. Stat.” Melony demanded.

“Yes, boss.”

Melony was so excited. She grabbed Inkweaver off the shelf, and waited for Boopkins to get back. After so much grieving, Axol can finally come back.

“Just you wait, Axol. I’m getting you back, whatever it takes.”