7

I got dressed in a white sundress with small blue flowers on it and put on a jacket. As i was applying my lipgloss the doorbell rang.

I went downstairs with quick steps but came into a stop when i saw nancy and my mom talking in whispers and smiling at themselves.

I cleared my throat as a way to make my presence clear. Both heads turned to my direction.

"Hey honey we were just having a little chat over here." Mom said with a smile. "Okay. Are you ready to go?" I asked nancy. She nodded and i gave my mom a hug as a goodbye.

We started walking towards our destination. "What were you guys talking about back there?" I asked my best friend curiously.

"Oh nothing. You'll found out pretty soon." She said with a smirk. I was genuinely confused and i decided to keep my mouth shut.

As we neared the ice cream shop nancy's phone began to ring. "Hey i gotta answer that. Why don't you get us the ice creams and i find a place for us to sit?" She said and before i could answer she was already walking away.

I nodded to myself and walked towards the shop.

"I don't care who your parents are. You screw up, I fire you." A familiar voice was heard.

"It's all good." Another familiar voice was heard. Is that-

No.

" 'It's all good'? It's a family restaurant, not a rap show!"

"It's all bad?"

"That's right, it is. You got a customer."

"I'm sorry. Welcome to the Ice Cream House."

"Hi, Greg." I greeted my best friend with a shy smile. He looked at me with widen eyes and crashed the cones he was holding.

"Alex, hi."

"I think you crushed your cones." I chuckled remembering the first time that that happened.

"Oh, no. That was a...That was a squeeze test. These cones failed. We're gonna try cardboard cones next." He said rather quickly. I let out a light chuckle at his goofiness.

"You're smiling." He said. "And number two." He mumbled under his breath.

"You have such a nice smile." He complimented me. I was a little taken back, not expecting him to compliment me.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

"Go out with me tonight before your friends say I'm fugly." He said. I completely stood frozen.

Is this really happening? Did Greg just actually asked me to go out with him? Or am I dreaming?

I was so zoned out that I didn't hear greg talking to me.

"Hey Alex are you okay? If you don't want to go out with me that's just completely fine-"

"No! No. I-i want to go out with you." I finally got the courage and answered.

"Meet you at the party tonight?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said with a smile.

"No freaking way." He said in disbelief and a smile started forming to his face.

"Your father used to do that same three-step crap when we were growing up. It always worked then." Bailey said as he emerged behind from greg.

"Hey Alex." Nancy said as she stood next to me. She quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me away from Greg. "See you tonight!" I heard him yell from behind me.

"What about the ice creams?" I asked her as we came to a stop and had a seat at a nearby bench.

"Oh screw the ice creams! Tell me what happened!" She said excitedly. "He asked me out." I said and she started squealing like a little child on Christmas Day.

"Yes! It finally happened! I can die in peace now!" She said with a sign of relief.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh please. This was killing me! You daydreaming about him everyday and backing down thinking he doesn't like you when in fact he's so obsessed with you that is so obvious everyone sees it!" She said.

"So that's why i planned this all out with your mom. When i called you and asked you about the ice cream i hang up quickly because i called your mom telling her my plan."

"And your plan was..?"

"I knew Greg started working here so I brought you here thinking we were getting ice cream but in fact we were here for you to finally talk to Greg. And you did. And now you have a date. See? That wasn't so hard was it." She explained with a smile.

"You got through all this shit just to get me to talk to Greg?" I asked her and she nodded with a smile. " thank you. Really i mean if it wasn't for you i wouldn't even think about talking to him."

"Yeah I know ." She chuckled. "Come on we have to go and get ready for the party." She said and got up from her sit. I copied her actions but came to a stop when i noticed Charlotte sitting a few benches away from us.

"Hey I'll be back in a second okay?" Nancy nodded and began texting while i make my way towards my younger best friend.

"Charlotte hey!" I greeted her and both her and her date turned to me. She got up from her seat with a smile and greeted me with a smile and a hug.

"Can i talk to you for a second?" I asked her and she immediately nodded. I grabbed her hand and leaded us a few steps away from her date.

"So what do you wanna talk about?"

"Promise me you won't scream, squeal or raise your voice at any circumstances because what I'm about to tell you is gonna freak you out as much as i did."

"Greg asked me out." I whispered trying not to be loud but charlotte didn't. She gave me a widen look and started squealing like a little girl and grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down.

"Oh my god! Are you kidding me?! That's great news! Why would you freak out?"

"I don't know. And keep your voice down. Your date must have heard." We turned our heads towards him.

"Bumpty. Really girl?"

"Alex come on!" I heard a voice yelling behind me. I turned around and noticed Nancy.

"I gotta go. See you at the party?" She nodded and hugged me as a goodbye and went back to her date.

When i reached nancy we began making our way towards my house to get ready for the party.