Chapter - 40

SHEHNAAZ'S POV - 

The lights went dim and all of us' attention shifted to a lady in red suit. She was an aged lady, probably the same age of Rita maa and the host of today's party. 

''Firstly, I want to thank all of you for taking out your precious time and joining us today for Christmas celebrations''. A loud roar of cheers and claps were heard. She smiled and continued speaking ''I want to make a very important announcement today'' There was a slight  pause. The whole hall went silent.  The atmosphere shifted. My eyes caught the various cameras of the media people which were all set to record and click pictures of what was coming next. 

To my right stood Sidharth. My gaze met with his and we both smiled at each other.  He bent down whispering something in my ear. 

''I already know about the announcement she's gonna make'' He said showing his teeth. 

''How?'' I asked.

''VIP log hai hum.. baby'' Sidharth said winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him ignoring the tingles that I felt at the bottom of my heart hearing him call me names. 

''My mistake... WE are going to make an announcement'' She said smiling widely emphasizing on the word 'We'. It was now that I noticed the dimples that spread on her cheeks. The mike was taken by an old man who was standing right beside her. They both smiled at each other when the old man cleared his throat to say something. 

''Ladies and gentleman.... By god's grace... I am retiring from my position... ( a slight pause ) and my lovely daughter Meetali sharma will now be taking over my position'' He ended his words with a huge smile on his face. Another loud roar of claps and cheers was heard.  Sidharth who stood by me was now whistling and my eyes caught the site of Rita maa and Ashok uncle who were clapping as hard as they could.  

All of the guests were now over with the dinner. Now it was time for some music and dance.  Meetali was still busy with the media who hasn't left her side since the couple made the announcement. I could see various people walking to the dance floor. I decided to take a look around as I couldn't earlier. The huge star on the top of the Christmas tree shone brightly. I took picture of the Christmas tree and sent it to mom. I was walking around looking at the sweet dishes deciding on which one to choose first. 

'Should I first eat gulab jamun or vanilla ice cream?'' 

''I think Ice cream would be a good option'' I heard someone say from behind me. I never realized that I said it out aloud. Turning around I was faced with a man.  He was tall. His blue eyes were looking straight into mine while a small smile played on his lips. Just for a brief moment, I felt as if I have seen him somewhere before but I shrugged it. No one who was invited in this party was an unknown except for me. 

''I'm sorry... But do we know each other?'' I voiced my thoughts. 

His smile stretched as he answered ''No... I'm....'' 

''What are you doing here Shehnaaz?'' I heard his voice. Sidharth came and stood beside me but he wasn't alone. Meetali accompained him. 

I couldn't answer him. Before I could the other guy spoke ''You must be Sidharth Shukla... hi ..I'm Randhir Shrivastav'' He said forwarding his hand. Sidharth looked at Meetali with a look of horror on his face but it was quickly replaced with a smirk playing on his lips.  If I wasn't mistaken I actually saw Meetali rolling her eyes at him. 

''yes you're right... I'm Sidharth Shukla.. Nice to meet you...'' Sidharth spoke taking his hand in his.  Meetali cleared her throat gaining the attention of three of us. 

''I think we should head for the dance floor...'' She said smiling at me but glaring the other two guys especially Mr. Shrivastav. 

Something was cooking between the three of them that I had no idea about.